Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Materials in this expanding collection pertain to the experience of African American students and faculty at Northwestern University. The documents included in this collection are university reports about African American students, articles on race and higher education, reproductions of student newspapers discussing race relations on-campus and materials concerning the 1968 Bursar’s Office Takeover. This collection also includes biographical subject files.
Dates: 1870 - 2017
Abstract On May 3, 1968 more than 100 undergraduate and graduate students occupied the Bursar's Office, in the first major sit-in experienced at Northwestern University. After the students' April 22nd list of demands were not met, they declared their intention to keep the office occupied until these demands were met. This peaceful 38-hour occupation ended with University leaders negotiating with students, and committing to enhance services and support for Black students related to admissions,...
Dates: 1968 - 2008; Other: Majority of material found within 1968
Abstract Collection consists of records of the Northwestern University Black Alumni Association (NUBAA), dating from circa 1968 to 2018, including approximately 1.6 linear feet (4 boxes) and 36.3 gigabytes of born-digital files of organization records, photographs, audiovisual recordings, and artifacts.
Dates: circa 1968-2018
Abstract Eva Jefferson Paterson (1949- ), a graduate of Northwestern University's Weinberg College of Arts and Science class of 1971, is a civil rights attorney. Her collection spans the years 1970-2013 and contains biographical materials, correspondence, interviews, publications, and awards.
Dates: 1970 - 2017
- College students 2
- Student movements 2
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college students--Societies and clubs 1
- African American college teachers 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American student movements 1
- Civil rights demonstrations--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- College students--Societies and clubs 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Race relations 1
- Lawyers 1
- Race relations 1
- Women college students 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Northwestern University Black Alumni Association 1
- Paterson, Eva 1
- University of Chicago--Students 1 ∧ less