Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 24
The Arts Alliance is Northwestern University's student organization for the performing arts. The records of the Arts Alliance fill two boxes and include materials documenting five of its component organizations: Garden Party Productions, Orgy of the Arts, the Dolphin Show, the Gilbert and Sullivan Guild, and the Northwestern Dance Company. The records span the years from 1967 to 1983, with the bulk clustered between 1976 and 1979.
The Records of Northwestern University's Associated Student Government are contained in 31 boxes. The original collection spans the years 1969 to 1998; several additions extend the coverage to 2007. The bulk of the records consist of Senate legislation and minutes, as well as the work of smaller committees. The records are divided into several subseries: Organic Documents, Legislation, Minutes and Agendas, Membership Records, Committees.
Hermit and Crow was an all-male theatre organization that was active at Northwestern University from 1914 until roughly 1924. The Hermit and Crow Collection is a sparse aggregation of all materials relating to the group from the Northwestern University Archives general files. The collection is predominantly clippings from various newspapers, clippings from the Northwestern yearbook (Syllabus), and songbooks and programs from the group's shows.
The Hillel organization was founded in Champaign, Illinois, in 1923 and ten years later was established at Northwestern University. Hillel engages Jewish students by providing cultural and community opportunities at the University and abroad.
The Mee-ow Show, an annual Northwestern University student-run comedy revue and improvisation show, was created as an alternative to NU's long-running student-produced Waa-Mu Show. The first Mee-ow Show was performed in spring, 1974. The records span the years 1974-2004, with a significant portion of the material from the first show. Records vary from year to year, and may include scripts, programs, audition flyers and forms, budget information, clippings and cast information.
Collection consists of the records of National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), predominantly of the Northwestern University Chapter of NSBE, spanning two boxes and dating from 1981-1982 and 1992-2008.
The Northwestern Community Council (NCC), an organization of students, faculty and staff, was founded in 1969 to address the extra-curricular life of Northwestern University students on the Evanston Campus. The records document the structure, organization, and activities of the NCC between 1968 and 2000.
The Northwestern Students for a Better Environment records cover the activities of a group of students and faculty at Northwestern University to gain regional and national attention in their fight against pollution. The collection contains mainly flyers and posters, press releases, publications, clippings, and materials on the "Project Survival", "Earth Day" and "Sun Week." The collection spans the years from 1969 through 2010.
Collection consists of records of the Northwestern University Black Alumni Association (NUBAA), dating from circa 1968 to 2018, including approximately 1.6 linear feet (4 boxes) and 36.3 gigabytes of born-digital files of organization records, photographs, audiovisual recordings, and artifacts.
This series, filling one half-size box and spanning the years from 1963 through 1969, is comprised of records generated and maintained by presidents and other officers of the Northwestern University Evening Student Council (N.U.E.S.C.).
The Northwestern University Outing Club was founded by Ellie Reed Lewis in the fall of 1965. The purpose of the club was to encourage students to get involved in a variety of outdoor activities. The NUOC also by encouraged students to gain leadership skills and to become environmental activists. The Records of the Northwestern University Outing Club fill one box and span the years 1965 to 1980. The materials consist of committee records and newsletters and are arranged chronologically.
This series consists of two boxes of the records of the Gamma Chapter of Phi Epsilon Pi Fraternity. Most of the records are concerned with various functions of the fraternity's alumni board of directors between 1971 and 1975.
This collection documents Northwestern's annual Trig Cremation ceremonies, which began in the 1870s as students conducted a spring-time ritual centered around the burning of their hated trigonometry textbooks. Over the years the ceremony turned into a student-produced musical. The collection contains clippings, and written histories of the Trig Cremation (1880-1936), as well as programs, handbills, and songbooks from ceremonies (1877-1912).
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs X
- College students--Societies and clubs 16
- College student government 6
- Women college students--Societies and clubs 6
- African American college students 2
- African American college students--Societies and clubs 2
- College students--Social life and customs 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- African American engineers 1
- College students 1
- Engineering students 1
- Engineering--Societies, etc. 1
- Environmentalism 1
- Improvisation (Acting)--Societies, etc. 1
- Jewish college students--Societies and clubs 1
- Musicals 1
- Performing arts--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Performing arts--Societies, etc. 1
- Pollution 1
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Women college students--Religious life 1 + ∧ less
- Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Arts Alliance (Northwestern University) 1
- Hermit and Crow 1
- Lydians (Organization) 1
- Mee-Ow Show (Northwestern University) 1
- Mortar Board (Society). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- NU Outing Club 1
- National Society of Black Engineers (U.S.) 1
- National Society of Black Engineers (U.S.). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Northwestern Community Council 1
- Northwestern Hillel 1
- Northwestern Students for a Better Environment 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Societies, etc. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Associated Student Government 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Evening Student Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Interhouse Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Men's Interhouse Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of Student Guidance and Counseling 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Student Governing Board 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Student Senate 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Self-Government Association 1
- Northwestern University Black Alumni Association 1
- Northwestern University Black-Wimmin in Action 1
- Phi Epsilon Pi. Gamma Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Triangle Fraternity. Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Trig Committee 1
- Trig Cremation 1
- Young Women's Christian Association (Northwestern University Chapter) 1
- Zeta Beta Tau (Fraternity) 1 + ∧ less