Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The records of the Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research (CUAPR), filling three boxes, document theCenter's involvement in the planning of the proposed 1992 Chicago World's Fair. Most of the records reflect Louis Masotti's involvement in the planning process. Records date from 1977 to 1985, with the bulk of the materials falling between 1984 and 1985. While many of the reports and most of the newspaper clippings collected by CUAPR are not directly connected with the Center or with Dr....
Dates: 1977 - 1985; Other: Majority of material found within 1984 - 1985
Abstract The Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research at Northwestern University was founded in September of 1968 with a grant of $700,000 from the Ford Foundation. The bulk of the Center’s research dealt with social policy and its effects on the people, communities, and institutions that utilize it. In September, 1996, the Center’s name was changed to the Institute for Policy Research.
Dates: 1970 - 1995
Abstract The papers of Frederic L. DuBow (instructor in sociology and criminal justice) include material in eight archival boxes, spanning the years 1963-1987. They are organized in four groups: biographical information; notes from several undergraduate courses DuBow took at Oberlin College; papers written by his students at Northwestern University; and material relating to his dissertation, "Justice for People: Law and Politics in the Lower Courts of Tanzania." Dissertation material comprises the bulk...
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research X
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Exhibitions--Planning 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century--Research 1
- Cities and towns--Research 1
- Social policy--Research 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- United States 1
- United States--Social conditions--20th century 1 ∧ less
- Chicago World's Fair--1992 Authority 1
- DuBow, Fred 1
- Masotti, Louis H. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Sociology 1
- World's Fair (1992 : Chicago, Ill.) 1 ∧ less