Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The Edward C. Dapples Papers, filling three boxes, span the years 1938 to 1980 and cover his career as a geologist, consultant and university professor. The papers include biographical materials, correspondence, publications files, and research and subject files. Included in the subject files are drawings, booklets, a few letters, graphs, maps, diagrams, and bibliographies on various geological subjects from the period 1940-1976.
This series, comprising three boxes, includes a small variety of master's theses and doctoral dissertations written by graduate students in the Department of Geological Sciences. These theses and dissertations span the years from 1960 to 1973. The series does not form a complete record of graduate work sponsored by the Department during these years. Rather, these theses and dissertations mainly represent some of the work sponsored by E.H. Timothy Whitten, professor in the Department.
This collection contains field notebooks, cross section books, and catalogues of minerals, composed by professors, instructors, and students of Northwestern University's Geology Department between 1881 and 1953.
The records of the Department of Geology include departmental correspondence files, subject files, and grant and research proposal files.
The Geology Department graduate student records are comprised of twenty-five boxes. The material dates from 1936 to 1989. The records are arranged alphabetically by the student's surname and chronologically within each folder. The files consist mainly of the following: graduate school applications, transcripts, grade reports, and recommendations. Some files may contain correspondence, letters of acceptance, test booklets, or dissertation topic outlines.
The Papers of stratigraphic and petroleum geologist Laurence L. Sloss, who taught at Northwestern University from 1947-1981, consist of correspondence, publications, fieldwork (notes and maps), publications, and photographs.
Structural geologist and geophysicist Robert C. Speed (1933-2003) taught at Northwestern University from 1966 to 2002. His work focused on tectonics, structural geology, and active continental margins, mostly in Nevada, Barbados, and across the Caribbean. These papers document Speed's research, fieldwork, publications, and teaching life.
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Geology X
- Geology--Study and teaching 5
- Dissertations, Academic--United States--Bibliography 1
- Geochemistry--Bibliography 1
- Geologists 1
- Geology--Bibliography 1
- Geology--Caribbean Area 1
- Geology--Nevada 1
- Geology--North America 1
- Geophysics--Bibliography 1
- Minerals--Catalogs and collections 1
- Rocks--Catalogs and collections 1
- Space sciences--Research grants 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists 1
- Dapples, Edward C. 1
- Garrels, Robert M. (Robert Minard), 1916-1988 1
- Geological Society of America 1
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 1
- Sloss, L. L. (Laurence Louis), 1913-1996 1
- Speed, Robert C. 1
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration--Research grants 1
- Whitten, E. H. Timothy (Eric Harold Timothy), 1927- 1 + ∧ less