Showing Collections: 21 - 23 of 23
Abstract Clarence Lester Ver Steeg initially joined Northwestern as a Professor of United States History in 1950 and served as Dean of The Graduate School from 1975 to 1986. Ver Steeg was most well known for teaching American history courses. Aside from his teaching responsibilities, he was instrumental in expanding graduate education programs. As chairman of the Northwestern Faculty Committee to Plan and Build the New University Library, Ver Steeg played a crucial role in the development, design, and...
Abstract The Robert Wiebe Papers consist of biographical, correspondence, financial, University, department, teaching, advising, presentation, publication, and typescript files. Materials dating from approximately 1980 to 2000 form the bulk of the series.Dating from 1949 to 2000, the biographical materials consist of research reports, curriculum vitae, press releases, and obituaries documenting Wiebe's education and career in academia. Spanning from 1974 to 1993, family history includes Wiebe's...
Abstract Charles N. Zucker was awarded a Ph.D. in history from Northwestern University in August, 1972. The title of his doctoral dissertation was The Free Negro Question: Race Relations in Ante-Bellum Illinois, 1801-1860. Zucker's papers fill four boxes and date largely from the time of his studies at Northwestern. Included are extensive course, lecture, and reading notes, syllabi, bibliographies, examinations, and other curricular materials.
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of History X
- History--Study and teaching 13
- Europe--History--Study and teaching 3
- Great Britain--History--Study and teaching 2
- United States--History--Study and teaching 2
- Air pilots, Military 1
- Doctor of philosophy degree 1
- Doctoral students 1
- Education--Study and teaching 1
- Graduate students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Historians 1
- Methodist Church--Clergy 1
- Middle Ages--Study and teaching 1
- Religions--Study and teaching 1
- Residential colleges--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Scandinavia 1
- United States--Race relations--Study and teaching 1 ∧ less