Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract The Arthur J. Goldberg papers span the years ca. 1961-78 and fill 43 document boxes. The papers consist primarily of Supreme Court case records from the Court's October Terms, 1962 through 1964. The remaining records pertain to Goldberg's administrative affairs while on the Court, and to his involvement with numerous community organizations, civil committees, and scholarly institutions. The records are arranged in four categories: biographical materials, Supreme Court case records, Supreme...
Dates: ca. 1961-1978
Abstract The Northwestern University Law School Newsletter was first published during the First World War and sent to students and alumni in the military. With the advent of the Second World War, the newsletter was resurrected and sent to hundreds of Northwestern Law School alumni and students serving in the military. In addition to the newsletters, the Northwestern University Law School Newsletter Records include correspondence between the editor of the newsletter and U.S. servicemen during the Second...
Dates: 1917-1919; 1942-1946
Abstract This series consists of a list of alumni of the Union College of Law and its successor entity, the Northwestern University School of Law. The list, contained in one bound volume, is arranged alphabetically by at least the first few letters, not necessarily all, of each student's surname. Given names and middle initials follow and each student's class year or year of graduation is recorded as well. Names included on the list are from the class of 1860 through that of 1905. Charles H. Blatchford,...
Abstract Due to the induction of students into the armed forces during World War I, the Northwestern University School of Law projected a drop in student enrollment and a concomitant loss of significant tuition revenue. To offset this loss, the School of Law formed a committee to solicit alumni donations to make up an anticipated 1917-1918 revenue shortfall of $10,000. The Committee of Alumni to Co-operate with the Faculty and the Trustees of the University in Advancing the Interests of the Law School,...
Abstract The records of Northwestern University's School of Law Alumni Association contain both records of the Law Alumni Association and records of the Law Alumni Fund.
- Northwestern University Archives 5
- Northwestern University Pritzker Legal Research Center 1
- Educational fund raising--Illinois--Chicago 2
- Ambassadors 1
- Cabinet officers--United States 1
- Judges 1
- Judicial opinions--United States 1
- Lawyers 1
- Lawyers--Training of--United States 1
- Periodicals 1
- Politicians 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Education and the war 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Education and the war 1 ∧ less
- Alumni Association of Northwestern University School of Law 3
- Goldberg, Arthur J., 1908-1990 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Funds and scholarships 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Periodicals 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Students 1