Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 25
The Walter Carringer Papers document Carringer's busy and successful singing career, and consist for the most part of newspaper clippings, publicity and repertoire information, though biographical information and correspondence are also included.
The Concert Management Office at Northwestern University's Bienen School of Music schedules, organizes and facilitates all concerts at the School, including large and small school ensemble concerts, student recitals and guest performances. This collection consists of administrative files for every performance given in a School of Music venue between September 9, 1990 and October 9, 2008.
The Marion Bard Corbet music manuscripts consist of all known musical works of the late Marion Bard Corbett (1915-1972), a Northwestern University alumna and Chicago-area composer. Included in this collection are music manuscripts, copies and published music scores, sketches, drafts, notebooks and other papers by Corbett.
The papers of Louis Norton Dodge (graduate of Northwestern University's School of Music, and member of the faculty (1903-1938) fill one half-size box and one expandable binder. They consist of a file of biographical items, and a collection of musical compositions. The papers reflect the School of Music’s pedagogy during the years of his association with Northwestern.
The Anthony Donato Papers fill 19 boxes in addition to eight oversize scrapbooks, spanning the period 1917-1992. Most of the material dates from 1945 to 1975. The papers are organized in four main categories: biographical materials, correspondence, music scores and publications.
A collection of predominantly music manuscripts and scores with some papers by composer and former Northwestern University School of Music dean, Peter Christian Lutkin.
Gui (Guillaume) Mombaerts toured Europe as a pianist after winning the 1926 Prix Gunther and ranking as finalist in the 1927 International Chopin Piano Competition. He joined the faculty of Northwestern University's School of Music in 1948, and served as Ralph Votapek piano instructor. The Gui Mombaerts Papers, spanning the years 1922-1980, are contained in two boxes. They include biographical material, vitae, press releases, clippings, and interviews.
The collection consists of music manuscript scores, music notebooks and lecture notebooks by former Northwestern University School of Music professor Albert Noelte. A few accompanying papers documenting either Noelte's career, background or tenure at Northwestern are also included.
Manuscripts, diazotypes, published scores, and photocopies of the compositions of the American composer Arne Oldberg (1874-1962).
The Arrand Parsons papers fill six and one-half boxes and span the period 1942-1988. They are arranged in two major categories: correspondence and teaching and professional files. Included as well are a few folders of biographical materials and one of publications.
The School of Music Grade and Lesson Reports comprise 17 boxes of official forms submitted to record either grades or lessons taken by students at Northwestern University's School of Music in the years 1922-1959. Any hand-written or typed addendum reports handed in by a teacher are included, as well as an occasional short letter or note written about a particular student.
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Music X
- Northwestern University Archives 20
- Music Library 5
- Music--Instruction and study 9
- Composers--United States 5
- Choral music 3
- Pianists 3
- Band directors 2
- Chamber music 2
- Grading and marking (Students) 2
- Music in universities and colleges 2
- Music--19th century--Manuscripts 2
- Orchestral music 2
- Piano--Instruction and study 2
- Children's songs 1
- Choruses, Unaccompanied 1
- Church music 1
- Church music--United States 1
- Hymns 1
- Marching bands 1
- Music--20th century--Manuscripts 1
- Music--Manuscripts--United States--Catalogs 1
- Music--Performance--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Opera 1
- Piano music 1
- Saxophonists 1
- Singers 1
- Singing--Instruction and study 1
- Violinists 1
- Vocal music 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 16
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Music--Students 4
- Lutkin, Peter Christian, 1858-1931 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Music 2
- Oldberg, Arne, 1874-1962 2
- Stout, Alan 2
- Bainum, Glenn Cliffe 1
- Bargiel, Woldemar, 1828-1897 1
- Boettcher, Emily, 1907-1992 1
- Carringer, Walter 1
- Corbett, Marion Bard, 1915-1972 1
- Dodge, Louis Norton, 1873-1951 1
- Donato, Anthony 1
- Eddy, Clarence, 1851-1937 1
- Gleason, Frederic Grant, 1848-1903 1
- Haupt, August, 1810-1891 1
- Hemke, Fred 1
- Howerton, George 1
- Karlins, M. William 1
- Lehmann, Lotte 1
- Leschetizky, Theodor, 1830-1915 1
- Lutkin Hall (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Mombaerts, Gui (Guillaume), 1902-1993 1
- Moszkowski, Moritz, 1854-1925 1
- Noelte, A. Albert, 1885-1946 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Sports 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Athletics and Recreation 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Marching Band 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Symphonic Wind Ensemble 1
- Parsons, Arrand 1
- Paynter, John P. 1
- Pick-Staiger Concert Hall (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Primrose Quartet 1
- Primrose, William, 1904-1982 1
- Ralf, Oscar, 1881-1964 1
- Regenstein Hall of Music (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Watson, Regina, 1845-1913 1 + ∧ less