Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
College of Engineering, School of Engineering and Technological Institute Record of Degrees and Honors Awarded and Faculty Rosters
Abstract This volume, spanning the years from 1910 through 1943, includes lists of recipients of degrees and honors awarded by Northwestern University's College of Engineering, School of Engineering, and Technological Institute.
Abstract Harold Gotaas came to Northwestern as professor of civil engineering and dean of the Technological Institute; he retired as dean in 1970 but continued to teach until his retirement in 1975. The papers document Gotaas' academic career through course materials and publications, and include research and consulting files.
Abstract Wallis S. Hamilton Hamilton came to Northwestern University in 1943 as a lecturer in civil engineering, eventually becoming a full professor in 1953. Hamilton's research interests included velocity patterns around ship models, resistance of barges and spray characteristics and directional stability of taxiing flying boats. He also studied the effects of waves, damage from cavitation and the body forces and properties of the crust and mantle of the earth. His papers fill eleven boxes and span...
Abstract Researcher, scientist and writer Paul Klopsteg's (1889-1991) papers include biographical materials, education files, correspondence, archery files, governmental organizations files, professional organizations files, publications files, religion files, speech manuscript files, and material relating to World Wars I and II.
Dates: 1905 - 1991
Abstract Civil Engineering Professor Jimmie Earl Quon was a prolific author and speaker primarily on the topics of sanitary engineering and air pollution. He consulted for cities, states, and the federal government, as well as for various private businesses in the area of environmental quality. Quon came to Northwestern as Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering. In 1963 he was promoted to Associate Professor and in 1967 to Professor. In 1976 he became chairman of the Department of Civil Engineering....
Abstract The Administrative Records of the Technological Institute, 1910-1955, fill two boxes. The bulk of the records date from the 1940s and consist of student enrollment and registration statistics and lists. These lists were compiled in several different formats, and are variously categorized as “Bulletin Lists” (prepared for publication in the University Bulletin), “Classified Student Lists,” “Scholastic Records,” and “Statistics.”
Abstract In September 1958 the Undergraduate Curriculum and the Graduate Curriculum Committees were combined the Courses and Curriculum Committee. In 1961 the name was changed to Curriculum Committee. The work of the Curriculum Committee centered primarily on approving proposals for new courses and course changes, managing the process of submitting those proposals to the University Graduate School Curriculum Committee, formulating new curricula and approving changes in curricula, and dealing with other...
Dates: 1952 - 1985; Other: Majority of material found within 1959 - 1975
Abstract The records of the Dedication Committee of Northwestern University's Technological Institute consist of four boxes of materials relating to the opening ceremonies on June 15-16, 1942. The records reflect the work of an honorary committee and a working committee appointed to carry out the ceremony planning. The materials relating to the Honorary Advisory Committee include committee lists, letters of acceptance, letters of regret, and replies to the acceptance letters. An addition concerns the...
Dates: 1940-1943; 1962-1963; 1962 - 1963
Abstract The Personnel Files of the Technological Institute date from 1902 to 1963. The majority of records are for members of the faculty of the Institute. A file may include some or all of the following documents: vitas; forms for new faculty appointments, salary changes, resignations, payroll discontinuations and recommendations; correspondence regarding an individual's appointment or resignation; research questionnaires; and selective service affidavits. In addition some folders contain...
Dates: 1902 - 1963; Other: Majority of material found within 1940 - 1950
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Technological Institute X
- Civil engineering--Study and teaching 3
- Archery 1
- Degrees, Academic--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Engineering students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Hydraulic engineering--Study and teaching 1
- Physics--Study and teaching 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Engineering--Students 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Engineering--Students 2
- Gotaas, Harold Benedict, 1906-1977 1
- Hamilton, W. S. (Wallis Sylvester), 1911-2001 1
- Klopsteg, Paul E. (Paul Ernest), 1889-1991 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Engineering 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Engineering (1907-1909) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Engineering (1927-1942) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Technological Institute--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Technological Institute. Courses and Curriculum Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Technological Institute. Curriculum Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Technological Institute. Dedication Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Technological Institute. Graduate Curriculum Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Technological Institute. Undergraduate Curriculum Committee 1
- Quon, J. E. 1 ∧ less