Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Frederick Shipp Deibler Papers, comprising five and one-half boxes, consist principally of general correspondence and subject files, plus a small amount of biographical material. The Papers provide a rich documentary record of Deibler's academic career, his role as an economic advisor to several government boards and his participation in activities related to some of the major social issues of his time.
Abstract The Cornelia Gray Lunt Papers include a variety of scattered miscellaneous materials from 1866 to 1964. They are arranged in four main categories including biographical materials, correspondence, writings, and bound volumes. The bound volumes include descriptions of her travels in Europe and the Middle East. In addition she often transcribed letters to and from herself in her journals. The fifth volume includes an undated fictional piece entitled, “Romance, One Winter. The History of a Dream.
Abstract Most of the material in the collection is concerned with university business, and consequently sheds little light on MacChesney's private life or his military and civic activities. The collection's value lies primarily in its reflection of many of the varied activities undertaken by Northwestern's central administration during the university's emergence as a major American educational institution.
Abstract The Walter Dill Scott Papers provide a partial view of a pioneering psychologist interested in the classification of military and industrial personnel, and a fairly comprehensive portrait of the administrative role of a Northwestern University president who sought to integrate the disparate components of a university in crisis and develop for it a national reputation. They also illustrate some of the problems faced by an American university during the Depression. The Walter Dill Scott Papers...
- Names: Scott, Walter Dill, 1869-1955 X
- College presidents 1
- Economics--Study and teaching 1
- Economists 1
- Psychology, Military 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- American Economic Association 1
- Deibler, Frederick Shipp, 1876-1961 1
- Gardner, Henry B. (Henry Brayton), 1863-1939 1
- Howard, Earl Dean, 1876-1956 1
- Lunt, Cornelia Gray 1
- Lunt, Orrington, 1815-1897 1
- Lutkin, Peter Christian, 1858-1931 1
- MacChesney, Nathan William, 1878-1954 1
- McGaw, Foster G., 1897-1986 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Economics 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Psychology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the President 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law 1
- Snyder, Franklyn Bliss, 1884-1958 1
- Young, Allyn A. (Allyn Abbott), 1876-1929 1 ∧ less