Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Northwestern University Settlement Association General Administrative Records
Abstract The Northwestern University Settlement Association was founded in 1891 in a poor, primarily immigrant neighborhood on the near northwest side of Chicago to improve conditions and to help its residents through its clubs and classes, social events, camping programs, and relief and emergency services. The Northwestern University Settlement Association General Administration Records document the daily activities of the organization and the personal lives of various individuals who were part of...
Northwestern University Settlement Association Records Scrapbooks
Abstract The Northwestern University Settlement Association was founded in 1891 by a group of administrators and faculty from Northwestern University in order to provide social services, educational programs, referrals, and emergency relief to a poor immigrant neighborhood on Chicago's near northwest side.The scrapbooks in this series, compiled by different groups associated with the Northwestern University Settlement, typically contain newspaper clippings, programs, photographs, and other printed...
Doris Overboe (1934-2012) Papers
The Doris Overboe Papers fill five boxes and one card-file, and document her involvement with the Northwestern University Settlement Association (NUSA) and –the bulk of the materials—her research into the life of Harriet Vittum, long-time Head Resident at the Settlement.
Dates: c. 1990-2000
- Names: Vittum, Harriet E. (Harriet Elizabeth), 1872-1953 X
- Social service--Illinois--Chicago--Societies, etc. 2
- Social settlements--Illinois--Chicago 2
- Boys--Societies and clubs 1
- Girls--Societies and clubs 1
- Presidents--United States--Election --1916 1
- Community Fund of Chicago, inc. 1
- Hughes, Charles Evans, 1862-1948 1
- National Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers 1
- Northwestern University Settlement (Chicago, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Overboe, Doris 1