Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The Zera S. Fink Papers, comprising two boxes, are arranged into four groups: general correspondence, course materials, published works and research materials. The bulk of the correspondence is from 1956 to 1959 and largely concerns the printing and publication of his book, The Early Wordsworthian Milieu. Fink's academic specialties included Milton, seventeenth century English literature and Romantic literature.
Found in: Northwestern University Archives
Abstract William Wordsworth (1770-1850) and Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834) began the English Romantic movement with their publication of Lyrical Ballads in 1798. Wordsworth's youngest brother, Christopher Wordsworth (1774-1846), received his Doctor of Divinity degree from Trinity College, Cambridge, becoming a renowned scholar, and Master of Trinity in 1820. Christopher’s third son, also Christopher (1807-1885), was an English bishop in the Anglican Church, and...
Dates: 1791 - 1911
- Names: Wordsworth, William, 1770-1850 X
- /repositories/6 1
- /repositories/7 1
- English literature--Study and teaching 1
- Poets, English--19th century 1
- Fink, Zera Silver, 1902-1979 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of English 1
- Wordsworth family 1