Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 21
Annie May “Maisie” Blend was born on April 18, 1906 in Derbyshire, England. The Annie May “Maisie” Blend Papers fill 1 box and span from April through October of 1938.
The David Toms Collection consists of 1,059 transportation-related items from 123 airlines and cruise lines. The collection primarily consists of airline menus and safety cards, with a strong secondary component of airline-related ephemera and cruise ship menus.
The George M. Foster Timetable Collection, consisting of 1766 timetables issued between 1929 and 1991, is a companion to the Transportation Library Menu Collection (collection number TL017). It provides contextual depth for that collection, as many of the timetables include Foster's notes as to travel date and time.
The Gary Gelzer Transportation Collection consists of 454 postcards, timetables, menus, and other materials related to 20th-century railroads, ships, ocean liners, and other modes of transportation. The bulk of the collection (312 items) consists of offset lithographic printed postcards.
The Great Lakes Passenger Steamship Pamphlets Collection consists of 78 brochures related to late-19th- to mid-20th-century inland water transportation, primarily of the Great Lakes.
Stephen P. James (1893-1971) was an early pioneer in highway safety development and education. This collection covers his and his colleagues' work from 1920 to 1969, including the organization and management of essay contests, supporting research programs at universities, and the planning and construction of the Pan American Highway.
381 historic airline, ocean liner, and railroad menus, dating from 1928 to the present.
The Lawrence M. Nagin Airline Menu and Memorabilia Collection is a collection of transportation materials centered on the aviation industry of the late 20th century. The collection includes a large component of materials from the travels of Nagin and his wife, Sherrie Nagin.
A collection of 74 original photographs from the Panama Canal Zone, taken between approximately 1904 and 1914.
The Ira Silverman Railroad Menu Collection consists of 238 items: 227 menus and eleven pamphlets. 35 United States and Canadian railroads are represented in the collection. All menus were issued by their respective railroad.
The Ronald J. Sullivan Photograph Collection spans the years 1940-2000. The extensive collection is comprised of photographs and slides of primarily public bus and train transportation, chiefly in the Chicago, Illinois area.
This is a collection of 919 rail and bus timetables from the United States and Canada collected by Mr. John A. Swider, of Mount Prospect, Illinois. Mr. Swider was a graduate of Northwestern University in electrical engineering. The collection comprises timetables issued 1880 through 2006, with the majority dating from the 1930s through the 1990s. It includes timetables focused on the Chicago metropolitan area, and on travel to the San Francisco, Chicago, and New York World’s Fairs.
The Transportation Photograph Collection of the Northwestern University Transportation Library consists of 217 photographic prints in six bound volumes. The photographs are uncommon illustrations of automotive and maritime transportation spanning from the early to mid-20th century.
The William Luke Photograph Collection is a collection of photographs of buses from at least 60 countries. Each photograph is annotated by William Luke. The dates of publication of the photographs range from 1880 to 2010, and the majority of the photographs were published between 1980 and 1999.
- Repository: Northwestern University Transportation Library X
- Buses 3
- Railroads--North America--Timetables 3
- Airlines 2
- Cruise ships 2
- Ships--Timetables 2
- Advertising--Automobiles 1
- Aeronautics, Commercial--Social aspects 1
- Airlines--Menus 1
- Airlines--Timetables 1
- Automobiles--Maintenance and repair 1
- Automobiles--Parts 1
- Bicycle touring 1
- Bus lines 1
- Bus lines--North America--Timetables 1
- Canal Zone 1
- Canals--Design and construction 1
- Cruise ships--Great Lakes (North America) 1
- England--Description and travel 1
- Environmental impact statements--Evaluation 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Great Lakes (North America) 1
- Inland water transportation--Great Lakes (North America) 1
- Local transit--Maps 1
- Local transit--Timetables 1
- Menus 1
- Menus--Canada 1
- Menus--United States 1
- Ocean liners 1
- Panama Canal (Panama) 1
- Pollution--Forecasting--Evaluation 1
- Railroad cars 1
- Railroads--Canada 1
- Railroads--Canada--Dining-car service 1
- Railroads--Economic aspects--United States--History 1
- Railroads--United States 1
- Railroads--United States--Dining-car service 1
- Railroads--United States--Maps 1
- Ships--United States 1
- Tourist maps 1
- Travel--Guidebooks 1
- United States. National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 1
- Urban transportation--Maps 1
- Urban transportation--Timetables 1 + ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- French 2
- Japanese 2
- Portuguese 2
- Czech 1
- Foster, George M. (George McClelland), 1913-2006 2
- Luke, William A. 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Transportation Library 2
- American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators 1
- Automotive Safety Foundation 1
- Beecher, Janice A. 1
- Blend, Annie May, 1906-1995 1
- Camito (Steamship) 1
- Chicago Airlines Top Committee 1
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport--Design and construction 1
- Chicanoa (Steamship) 1
- Culhane, Paul J. 1
- Fisher, Leigh 1
- Friesema, H. Paul, 1936-2013 1
- Gelzer, Gary, 1949-2012 1
- General Motors Corporation 1
- H.H. Copeland and Son 1
- Highway Education Board 1
- Hough, William R., 1962- 1
- James, Stephen P., 1893-1971 1
- Nagin, Lawrence M., 1941-2009 1
- Pan American Confederation for Highway Education 1
- Silverman, Ira, 1946- 1
- Studebaker Corporation 1
- Sullivan, Ronald J. 1
- Swider, John A., 1926-2016 1
- Toms, David Charles, 1962- 1
- Wilmo Company 1
- Woolf, David V., 1935-2012 1 + ∧ less