Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
African Curriculum Project Records
The African Curriculum Project was carried out by Northwestern University’s Program of African Studies (PAS) at the request of and by contract with the U.S. Office of Education (Project No. 6-2863, Contract No. OEC-3-7-062863-1661). Collection contains administrative files, correspondence papers, syllabus materials, working papers, and bibliographies used to develop the African Curriculum Project.
Gwendolen M. Carter, (1906-1990) Papers
Abstract The Gwendolen M. Carter Papers chronicle Carter's career as a political scientist and Africanist from the 1930's through the 1970's (a small amount of earlier material is also included.) The bulk of the collection dates from approximately 1960 through approximately 1975. Carter's South African research interests and her activities as director of Northwestern University's Program of African Studies are especially well documented. The collection is divided into eight sections: Personal Papers;...
Program of African Studies Records
Abstract Northwestern University's Program of African Studies, founded in 1948, was the first program on Africa in the nation and the first multidisciplinary program at Northwestern. Developed by anthropologist Melville J. Herskovits to train a corps of scholars maintaining African interests across disciplinary lines, the Program grew to include core and associated faculty from such diverse disciplines as African-American studies, art history, history and literature of religions, law, management,...
- Africa--Civilization--Study and teaching 1
- Africa--History--Study and teaching 1
- Africa--Study and teaching 1
- South Africa--Politics and government 1
- Paden, John N. 2
- Herskovits, Melville J. (Melville Jean), 1895-1963 1
- League of Nations 1
- Natal Indian Congress 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of African American Studies 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Program of African Studies. African Curriculum Project 1
- Re-United Nationalist or People's Party (South Africa) 1
- Soja, Edward W. 1
- South African Indian Congress 1
- Transvaal Indian Congress 1
- United Party (South Africa) 1
- United States. Office of Education 1 + ∧ less