Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 28
Elisabeth and her sister, Litta (Zolitta), of Green Bay, Wisconsin, attended Northwestern University for one year. The diary is a 7-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ notebook containing one hundred lined pages. The diary starts with Elisabeth and Litta's departure for Chicago on September 17, 1903 and ends on April 26, 1904; the last entry is followed by the notation “Continued in Volume II.”
The collection consists materials reflecting Virginia Buettner’s social activities while a student at Northwestern University (1937-1942): pages from a scrapbook, and loose artifacts.
The Owen L. Coon Scrapbook began as a record of Coon's years at Northwestern University. Nearly half of the scrapbook does document Coon's college life between 1912 and 1919. However, the balance of the scrapbook is filled with clippings, photographs, and ephemera that precede and postdate Coon's Northwestern years—including items from Coon's youth in Rantoul and from his travels in Europe, as well as general Coon family photographs and memorabilia.
Marjorie May Cowan obtained a B.S. degree in Liberal Arts from Northwestern University in 1933. A member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority, she was active in campus activities and social affairs. Her papers are contained in one half-size box and date from 1929-1934, 1949, and 1984. The bulk of the papers consists of Cowan's diaries. During the years 1932 through 1934 she kept detailed accounts of her social and academic activities and interests.
Schoolteacher Blanche Grigson Croxton attended Northwestern University from 1902 through 1906. The Blanche Grigson Croxton Papers comprise one half-size box containing one scrapbook. The scrapbook consists of thirty - six “boards,” mounted on both sides of which is Mrs. Croxton's history of her class, the class of 1906.
Edith Capper Eustice (1877-1953) was a member of the Northwestern class of 1903, attending under the name Edith Capper. The collection consists of a facsimile copy of Eustice’s scrapbook, dating from the period circa 1903-1910.
George Alfred Foster (1859-1922) attended Northwestern University Academy and graduated from Northwestern University with a bachelor of arts degree in 1881. His papers consist of photographs, a reunion program, and an autograph book which includes signatures of Northwestern University Academy classmates and associates.
The scrapbooks of Leila Foster (Bachelor of Business, 1950; J.D., 1953; Master of Divinity, 1964; Ph.D., 1966; all from Northwestern University) illuminate the life of an undergraduate university student in the years following World War II. Ephemera and form letters are interspersed with personal correspondence and other personal documents.The series consists of three scrapbooks, from Foster's first three academic years at Northwestern: 1946/1947, 1947/1948 and 1948/1949.
The Daisy M. Girton Papers include one folder of biographical materials and Girton's diaries for the years 1901 through 1905. The diaries, constituting the bulk of the series, were written for the most part during Daisy's tenure at Northwestern.
The Elizabeth Hobart scrapbook dates from the period 1909-1916 and features a variety of materials relating principally to Hobart's social life and academic studies while a student at Northwestern.
Photographs of Northwestern University related events and individuals made by Evanston's W. B. Nickerson Photo Company are arranged in five boxes. The photographs consist largely of black and white negatives along with a small number of color slides. The dates of these materials range from the 1940s to the 1970s.
Eva Jefferson Paterson (1949- ), a graduate of Northwestern University's Weinberg College of Arts and Science class of 1971, is a civil rights attorney. Her collection spans the years 1970-2013 and contains biographical materials, correspondence, interviews, publications, and awards.
The Lawrence Pressman Papers contain 26 boxes encompassing biographic information from Pressman’s schooling at Northwestern University, scripts and related materials collected from his production binders (television, theatre, and film), reviews and publicity, and a selection of artifacts, including awards and a scrapbook of his college years.
Nancy Ellen (Rennick) Price was a member of the class of 1954 of Northwestern University's College of Liberal Arts. Her papers are contained in one archival box and span the years 1951 to 1954. There are nine folders containing schedules and class notes (scant) from some of Price's courses, including three courses in biology, and one folder each from courses in anthropology, American history, English, experimental psychology, genetics, and philosophy.
The series includes a scrapbook and a daily calendar. The scrapbook dates from the period 1909-1914 and features a variety of materials pertaining mainly to Robinson's social life and academic studies while a student at Northwestern. The daily calendar dates from 1910 and includes, for the most part, abbreviated accounts of Robinson's social engagements.
- Women college students 16
- College students 15
- Photographs 4
- Actors 1
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college students 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American student movements 1
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- College students--Housing 1
- College students--Social life and customs 1
- College students--Societies and clubs 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Lawyers 1
- Student movements 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 4
- Bixby, James L., 1921-2002 1
- Boyd, Elisabeth Blossom 1
- Bragdon, Sara Frances, 1886-1957 1
- Buettner, Virginia, 1917-2004 1
- Coon, Owen L., 1894-1948 1
- Croxton, Blanche Grigson, 1883-1969 1
- Doering, Genieve Linda, 1904-1979 1
- Eustice, Edith Capper, 1877-1953 1
- Foster, George Alfred, 1859-1922 1
- Foster, Leila Merrell 1
- Geisler, Marjorie Cowan, 1911-2012 1
- Girton, Daisy Myrtle, 1880-1963 1
- Grannis, Macha Vance, 1882-1970 1
- Grubb, Ethel Robinson, 1890-1975 1
- Heffley, Florence Emerson, 1889-1977 1
- Hobart, Elizabeth, 1891-1980 1
- Hurrey, Charles DuBois, 1878-1958 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Yearbooks 1
- Northwestern University Academy 1
- Paterson, Eva 1
- Pressman, Lawrence 1
- Price, Nancy Ellen Rennick 1
- Reynolds, Eva Jane, 1885-1933 1
- Rogers Debating Society 1
- Steen, Richard E., 1915-2002 1
- Stilwell, Catherine A., 1915-2009 1
- Stilwell, Kenneth R., 1912-2003 1
- Syllabus (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- W. B. Nickerson Photo Company 1
- Wallace, Ralph C. J., 1883-1963 1
- Weiss, Arthur J., 1894-1984 1 + ∧ less