Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
This series consists of negatives taken by photographers for the Daily Northwestern, Northwestern University's student newspaper. Mostly in 35mm black and white format, they date to the period 1985-1991. Many of the negative sleeves feature a brief description of the subject or action depicted in the negatives and sometimes note the name of the Daily Northwestern photographer.
Octavo da Costa Eduardo came to Northwestern University in 1941 for two years of graduate study in anthropology. His graduate work was supported by the U.S. Department of State under the Buenos Aires Convention. The Octavio da Costa Eduardo papers fill three boxes. The papers include biographical material, correspondence, lecture notes, research papers, and other materials relating to Eduardo's undergraduate and graduate study.
The Tod H. Francis photograph collection spans the period 1977-1983 and fills 16 boxes. Francis, an alumnus of Northwestern University, took photographs of activities of student life on campus during his years at Northwestern, especially fraternity and sorority activities. The collection contains color photographic negatives, prints, contact sheets, and transparencies.
The photographs in this collection, 5x7" glass plate negatives, date from the early years of the twentieth century. Most are of the Northwestern University campus and its surrounding area including some photographs of individuals either affiliated with Northwestern or living in Evanston, Illinois.
This collection consists of black and white photographic negatives taken by Evanston native and Northwestern University alumnus L. David Minsk, approximately from 1939 to 1942. The photographs include images of University Theatre and Children's Theatre productions, ancillary shots such as a Children's theatre audience, an acting class performance, a studio make-up room, and protraits made of several Northwestern students.
Photographs of Northwestern University related events and individuals made by Evanston's W. B. Nickerson Photo Company are arranged in five boxes. The photographs consist largely of black and white negatives along with a small number of color slides. The dates of these materials range from the 1940s to the 1970s.
The series consists of 35-mm color negatives made by Northwestern University student photographers, from approximately 1993 to 1996. At least some of the student photographers whose work is included here were affiliated with the Northwestern annual, Syllabus.
- College students 3
- Photography--Negatives 2
- Anthropology--Study and teaching 1
- College students--Housing 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 6
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Students Publishing Company (Northwestern University) 2
- Syllabus (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Bell, Herbert Yeomans, 1882-1965 1
- Bixby, James L., 1921-2002 1
- Eduardo, Octavio de Costa, 1919- 1
- Francis, Tod Huntington, 1959- 1
- Minsk, L. David, 1924-2017 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Sports 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Yearbooks 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Reynolds, Eva Jane, 1885-1933 1
- W. B. Nickerson Photo Company 1 + ∧ less