Showing Collections: 41 - 45 of 45
Abstract The Tom W. Tillman Papers document Tillman’s career at Northwestern as well as his professional activities in audiology. The papers, filling twelve boxes, span the dates 1949-2000 and include biographical materials, education files, general correspondence, subject correspondence, committee files, teaching files, research files, speeches/addresses/papers, and publications.
Abstract J. Roscoe Miller was Northwestern's twelfth President. He served from 1949-1970. These papers document his time as president. They are comprised of 98 Boxes.
Abstract In 1928, the University moved to increase the voice of the faculty in the determination of general educational policies by replacing the University Council, originally organized in 1910, with a University Senate. This collection is comprised of records of notes maintained by the Senate Secretary. The folder for each year typically contains: minutes and agenda of the University Senate.
Abstract Clarence Lester Ver Steeg initially joined Northwestern as a Professor of United States History in 1950 and served as Dean of The Graduate School from 1975 to 1986. Ver Steeg was most well known for teaching American history courses. Aside from his teaching responsibilities, he was instrumental in expanding graduate education programs. As chairman of the Northwestern Faculty Committee to Plan and Build the New University Library, Ver Steeg played a crucial role in the development, design, and...
Abstract This series, comprising thirty-three boxes, includes General Files and Subject Files maintained by the Manager of Development Special Events, which span the period from 1958 to 1980. The General Files, are general reference files including material used on an ongoing basis by personnel in planning university events. Included are folders pertaining to the history of Northwestern University, student life, dedications, groundbreakings and athletic events, as well as sample invitations and cards....
- College presidents--Illinois--Evanston 8
- Economists 2
- Evanston (Ill.) 2
- Air pilots, Military 1
- Audiology--Study and teaching 1
- Biochemistry--Study and teaching 1
- Chemical engineers 1
- Civil engineering--Study and teaching 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 1
- College teaching--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College theater 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Economics--Study and teaching 1
- Historians 1
- Hospitals--Administration--Study and teaching 1
- Latin language--Study and teaching 1
- Law--Illinois 1
- Medical education--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Natural history--Study and teaching 1
- Nursing students 1
- Oral interpretation--Study and teaching 1
- Payrolls--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Payrolls--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Psychology, Military 1
- Special events--Management 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American--20th century 1
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Teachers--Training of--United States 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1 ∧ less