Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
The Walter Carringer Papers document Carringer's busy and successful singing career, and consist for the most part of newspaper clippings, publicity and repertoire information, though biographical information and correspondence are also included.
The papers of Louis Norton Dodge (graduate of Northwestern University's School of Music, and member of the faculty (1903-1938) fill one half-size box and one expandable binder. They consist of a file of biographical items, and a collection of musical compositions. The papers reflect the School of Music’s pedagogy during the years of his association with Northwestern.
The Anthony Donato Papers fill 19 boxes in addition to eight oversize scrapbooks, spanning the period 1917-1992. Most of the material dates from 1945 to 1975. The papers are organized in four main categories: biographical materials, correspondence, music scores and publications.
Gui (Guillaume) Mombaerts toured Europe as a pianist after winning the 1926 Prix Gunther and ranking as finalist in the 1927 International Chopin Piano Competition. He joined the faculty of Northwestern University's School of Music in 1948, and served as Ralph Votapek piano instructor. The Gui Mombaerts Papers, spanning the years 1922-1980, are contained in two boxes. They include biographical material, vitae, press releases, clippings, and interviews.
The Arrand Parsons papers fill six and one-half boxes and span the period 1942-1988. They are arranged in two major categories: correspondence and teaching and professional files. Included as well are a few folders of biographical materials and one of publications.
The Alan Stout papers fills 22 boxes and includes music scores, sheet music, performance programs, articles, press releases, publications, biographical information, correspondence, course materials, and student work created by or related to the life and career of Alan Stout. Composer and music composition and theory professor, Alan Stout, was born on November 26, 1932 in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Composers--United States 4
- Music--Instruction and study 4
- Pianists 3
- Band directors 2
- Piano--Instruction and study 2
- Marching bands 1
- Music in universities and colleges 1
- Music--Manuscripts--United States--Catalogs 1
- Saxophonists 1
- Singers 1
- Singing--Instruction and study 1
- Violinists 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 1 + ∧ less
- Bainum, Glenn Cliffe 1
- Boettcher, Emily, 1907-1992 1
- Carringer, Walter 1
- Dodge, Louis Norton, 1873-1951 1
- Donato, Anthony 1
- Hemke, Fred 1
- Howerton, George 1
- Karlins, M. William 1
- Lehmann, Lotte 1
- Mombaerts, Gui (Guillaume), 1902-1993 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Sports 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Athletics and Recreation 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Marching Band 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Symphonic Wind Ensemble 1
- Oldberg, Arne, 1874-1962 1
- Parsons, Arrand 1
- Paynter, John P. 1
- Primrose Quartet 1
- Primrose, William, 1904-1982 1
- Stout, Alan 1 + ∧ less