Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract Ira D. Anderson joined the faculty of Northwestern University in the School of Commerce in 1937, and together with Delbert Duncan, established the Graduate Internship program in Retailing and Advertising. Anderson's papers fill one and a half boxes and include mostly teaching files from the period prior to his administrative work in the School of Business.
Dates: 1936 - 1993
Abstract F.C. Austin Scholars are selected from students at Northwestern Unviersity's Kellogg School of Management (including its earlier incarnations) "because they have demonstrated exceptional leadership in academic and professional endeavors, and show promise of future leadership". The Records of the Austin Scholarship Program (for years from 1929 into the 1990s) consist of historical/biographical materials, administrative files, and student-related files.
Abstract This collection documents gifts received by Northwestern University ca. 1850-1945. Information recorded includes the amount of individual gifts, dates the gifts were received and the intended purpose of the gifts.
Abstract The series consists of eight oversized post-bound ledgers, individually boxed, documenting donations to Northwestern University as gifts and endowment funds between 1920 and 1939.
Abstract This series consists of six volumes of student loan disbursement and repayment records spanning the period 1873 to 1933, and concentrating on the school years 1893-94 to 1921-22. All six volumes employ the same format. They are divided into three sections: an alphabetical index; an account of current loans; and a permanent record of student loan accounts. The index refers to the individual accounts in the permanent record section for that volume. The account of current loans contains entries...
Abstract Due to the induction of students into the armed forces during World War I, the Northwestern University School of Law projected a drop in student enrollment and a concomitant loss of significant tuition revenue. To offset this loss, the School of Law formed a committee to solicit alumni donations to make up an anticipated 1917-1918 revenue shortfall of $10,000. The Committee of Alumni to Co-operate with the Faculty and the Trustees of the University in Advancing the Interests of the Law School,...
Abstract The Records of Perpetual and Transferable Scholarships comprise 5 boxes and document the history of scholarship bonds sold by Northwestern University between 1853 and 1867. Purchased bonds could be redeemed either for perpetual or transferable scholarships in order to send a student to Northwestern University without subsequent payment of tuition.
Dates: 1853-2017, undated
Abstract This series consists of seventeen volumes of student aid records for Northwestern University students, for the academic years 1933/34 to 1949/50. The information entered on each page is essentially the same for all volumes, although the arrangement of the volumes varies: the name of the aid source, the assigned university account number, name and school of each individual receiving aid from a particular source, the amount awarded or loaned for each term, and the total for the year. As...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract This series consists of one volume that records the creation of Northwestern's endowment between 1865 and 1925. The record was apparently compiled in the wake of the 1922-24 “Toward a Greater Northwestern” campaign for the use of the university attorney. The record provides extracts of the minutes of the Board of Trustees and its Executive Committee and excerpts from correspondence between donors and university officers. The form and terms of each endowment are set forth and its value is...
- College students--Scholarships, fellowships, etc. 2
- Management--Scholarships, fellowships, etc. 2
- Scholarships 2
- Economists 1
- Educational fund raising 1
- Educational fund raising--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Student aid--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Student loans--Illinois--Evanston 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Development 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Treasurer 2
- Anderson, Ira Dennis, 1907-1993 1
- Austin, Frederick Carleton, 1853-1931 1
- F.C. Austin scholarships 1
- J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church. Board of Education 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the University Attorney 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Business 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law 1
- Worthy, James C. 1 ∧ less