Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
James F. Coakley joined Northwestern University's theatre faculty as Assistant Professor of Theatre in 1971. The James F. Coakley Papers, spanning the years from 1960 through 1993, comprise three boxes and are arranged in seven sub-series: biographical materials, education, scripts, publications, research, correspondence, and scrapbooks.
The College of Arts and Sciences faculty and assistants records consist of two sets of index cards, filling four boxes. The first set contains faculty cards only and spans the years 1856-1926. The second set includes two folders of assistants cards as well as faculty cards and dates from 1922 to 1939. The assistantships represented here are usually held by graduate students either in a research or teaching capacity for departments of the College of Arts and Sciences.
The Mathematics Department personnel files include correspondence, a few reprints, and brief biographical data on teaching assistants, prospective teaching assistants, and a few faculty members. The bulk of the files span from the mid 1950's to the mid 1960's, although a few date from as early as the 1920's. The amount of material in each person's folder varies widely.
These records of the Department of Political Science at Northwestern University, filling thirty-three boxes, span the years from 1940 through 1984 although the bulk of the materials date between the mid-1960s and late 1970s. The records are organized into three subseries: faculty and graduate student files, administrative subject files, and departmental staffing files.
English department records pertaining to graduate students not completing degrees comprise this series. See access restrictions for this collection.
The Geology Department graduate student records are comprised of twenty-five boxes. The material dates from 1936 to 1989. The records are arranged alphabetically by the student's surname and chronologically within each folder. The files consist mainly of the following: graduate school applications, transcripts, grade reports, and recommendations. Some files may contain correspondence, letters of acceptance, test booklets, or dissertation topic outlines.
These records relate to individual candidates for graduate study (both M.A. and Ph.D. programs) in the Northwestern University History Department and span theyears 1977-87.
Two scrapbooks and additional clippings/biographical information document James E. "Jimmy" Johnson's education at the Carlisle Indian Industrial School and at Northwestern University, as well as his football career at both schools.
The series consists of catalog cards describing School of Education master of arts theses. The theses described by these cards date from the period ca. 1944-1959. Each card notes the name of the thesis author, the thesis title, and, occasionally, thesis date.
- History--Study and teaching 2
- College students 1
- Doctor of philosophy degree 1
- Doctoral students 1
- Football 1
- Football players 1
- Graduate students 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Mathematics--Study and teaching 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of English 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of History 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 2
- Coakley, James Francis, 1933-2014 1
- Johnson, Jimmy, 1879-1942 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Admission 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Sports 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Geology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Mathematics 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Political Science 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Education 1
- Northwestern Wildcats (Football team) 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Football 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Students 1 + ∧ less