Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 40
This collection holds an assortment of items pertaining to the 1949 Rose Bowl football game, which Northwestern University's Wildcats won over the University of California's Golden Bears. Items include media clippings, expense reports, souvenir programs, train menus, and other materials documenting the game, the participation of the NU Marching Band, the trip to and from Los Angeles, and related celebratory events.
Swimmer Richard Abrahams set more than ten world records and more than twenty American records for Masters swimming. The 1966 Northwestern graduate is a Big Ten Champion, NCAA All-American, and an inductee to the International Masters Swimming Hall of Fame.
This series consists of a scrapbook chronicling the intercollegiate games played by the 1948 Northwestern University football team, which went on to play in and win the 1949 Rose Bowl.
Included in this series are six scrapbooks of clippings documenting Northwestern University athletics for the years 1926-1927, 1927-1928, 1928-1929, 1929-1930, 1930-1931, and 1932-1933. The clippings mainly relate to University achievements in major intercollegiate sports including football, basketball, swimming, track, and baseball. Other sports are reflected as well but with less frequency and detail.
The records of the Northwestern University track team consists of three major subseries: cross country, indoor, and outdoor seasons. The records include meet schedules and brochures, team rosters, practice times, qualifying times during meets, notices of awards, clippings, and track records in metric equivalents.
The Frank Baker scrapbook in large part features newspaper clippings documenting Baker's athletic career in several secondary schools and at Northwestern University.
The series consists of one oversize scrapbook documenting Bauman's career as a collegiate football player at Northwestern University.
The collection consists of a Northwestern University letter sweater, awarded to Ivan D. Combe for his play on the University’s varsity tennis team.
Jeff Coney became an official scorer for Northwestern University men’s basketball in 1971; as a Northwestern undergraduate, he served as student manager for men’s basketball from 1970 to 1974. The collection consists of an official National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball score book documenting Northwestern University men’s basketball games dating between December 2, 1972 and December 8, 1973.
The Jack Cvercko Papers fill two boxes, with the majority of the collection relating to Cvercko’s years and accomplishments as a football player at Northwestern, and the 1962 and 1963 seasons in particular.
William "Bill" DeCorrevont played football at Austin High and Northwestern University before entering professional football in 1945. The papers consist of biographical information, documents, clippings, and artifacts relating to his football career.
The collection documents Tommy Doles’s academic and athletic achievements at Northwestern University. Materials date between 2014 and 2019.
Paul Richard Flatley enrolled at Northwestern University in 1959 and began his football career as a member of Northwestern’s 1959 freshmen squad. After receiving a B.A. in history and Russian in 1963, he played professional footbal with the Minnesota Vikings and Atlanta Falcons. His papers fill one half-sized box and span the period of 1961-2008. Materials are arranged in two categories: clippings and photographs.
The Asher Golden Collection contains 29 audiocassette recordings and a small amount of paper documents from Northwestern University’s 1995-1997 football seasons. A sports reporter for Northwestern’s WNUR radio station, Golden covered Wildcat football between 1995 and the January 1, 1997 Citrus Bowl.
This collection contains scrapbooks from the life of Football Hall of Fame star and Northwestern University alumnus Otto Graham. The scrapbooks range in date from 1936-1985 and hold numerous media clippings, photographs, and family ephemera.
- Football 22
- College students 20
- Football players 17
- Basketball 4
- Basketball players 3
- College athletes 3
- Football coaches 3
- African American college athletes 2
- African American college students 2
- Baseball 2
- Baseball players 2
- College sports 2
- Football uniforms 2
- Sportscasters 2
- Swimmers 2
- Swimming 2
- Tennis 2
- Track and field 2
- Basketball--Statistics 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Divers 1
- Diving 1
- Graduate students 1
- Grosse Point Lighthouse (Ill.) 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Mayors 1
- Music in universities and colleges 1
- Photographs 1
- Sailing 1
- Saxophonists 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Sports executives 1
- Sports team mascots 1
- Sweaters 1
- Tennis players 1
- Track and field athletes 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern Wildcats (Football team) 25
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 16
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Athletics and Recreation 6
- Northwestern Wildcats (Basketball team) 5
- Rose Bowl (Football game) (1949 : Pasadena, Calif.) 5
- Graham, Otto, 1921-2003 2
- National Football League 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern Wildcats (Swimming and diving team) 2
- Abrahams, Richard (Richard T.) 1
- Baker, Frank Louis, 1909-1985 1
- Bauman, Alfred Ernest, 1920-1979 1
- Bell, Herbert Yeomans, 1882-1965 1
- Brumback, Willson Pinkerton, 1896-1981 1
- Canadian Football League 1
- Chicago Bears (Football team) 1
- Combe, Ivan, 1911-2000 1
- Coney, Jeff, 1952- 1
- Cvercko, Jack, 1941- 1
- DeCorrevont, Bill, 1918-1995 1
- Doles, Tommy, 1995- 1
- Flatley, Paul, 1941- 1
- Golden, Asher 1
- Hemke, Fred 1
- Johnson, Jimmy, 1879-1942 1
- Johnsos, Luke, 1905-1984 1
- Kafer, Howard, 1879-1950 1
- Kuhn, Al, 1934-2017 1
- Logan, Chuck, 1943- 1
- McKinney, Billy, 1955- 1
- Myers, Tom (Thomas Welborn), 1943- 1
- Nemeth, Edward L., 1925-2014 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Athletic Media Services 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Sociology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Sailing Club 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Music 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Perricone, Gaspar F., 1928-2020 1
- Pitts, James P., 1944- 1
- Pro Football Hall of Fame (U.S.) 1
- Rahr, Gordon J., 1905-1993 1
- Robertson, Jay, 1940- 1
- Tangora, Paul A., 1909-1987 1
- Thornton, Dick, 1939-2014 1
- Troy High School (Troy, Ohio) 1
- Tunnicliff, Ed, 1925-2021 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Football 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Students 1
- United States Masters Swimming (Program) 1
- University of California, Berkeley--Football 1
- WNUR (Radio station : Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Waldorf, Lynn O., 1902-1981 1 + ∧ less