Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 40
Two scrapbooks and additional clippings/biographical information document James E. "Jimmy" Johnson's education at the Carlisle Indian Industrial School and at Northwestern University, as well as his football career at both schools.
The Henry Howard Kafer collection is comprised of one photograph, depicting the Northwestern University football team of 1904, garments and other textiles.
The papers of tennis star Alfred R. ("Al") Kuhn, Jr. (NU 1956), document the world of competitive tennis, played at a high level, during the 1940s-50s. Papers include biographical material, clippings, programs, and photographs.
Collection consists of the materials of Billy McKinney, Class of 1977 alumnus of Northwestern University’s School of Education and Social Policy, and long-time highest scorer of Northwestern’s basketball team who went on to have a successful career in professional basketball. Collection materials span 4 oversize boxes and date from circa 1969 to 1995.
Northwestern football star Thomas Welborn Myers was the starting quarterback for the Wildcats in the 1962 season under coach Ara Parseghian. He was named All-American and All-Time All American, and went on to play for the Detroit Lions. His papers include clippings, scrapbooks, photographs, and other materials documentiing Myers' football career.
This scrapbook, containing mainly news clippings and photographs, was compiled by Nancy Ann Meyers Nemeth, wife of Edward Nemeth (left guard on Northwestern's football team), and documents Northwestern's winning participation in the 1949 Rose Bowl football game.
The Northwestern Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Collection includes plaques, All-American certificates, programs, academic certificates, correspondence, photographs, record logs, and scrapbooks.
Gaspar Perricone played a key role on Northwestern’s winning 1949 Rose Bowl-winning team. The Papers document his football career at Northwestern, with an emphasis on the 1949 Rose Bowl.
Sociologist, educator, and university dean and vice president, James P. Pitts (1944- ) received his B.A. in Political Science and M.A., and Ph.D. in Sociology from Northwestern University. His papers fill 7 boxes, and span the years 1961 to 2013. Composed of newspaper clippings, press releases, curricula vitae, correspondences, and published work, the papers contain Pitts' writings, awards, and a scrapbook and jersey from his time at Northwestern.
The collection documents Rahr’s involvement as a player with the Northwestern University football teams of 1924 and 1925 and with the notable Big Ten championship team of 1926. The collection also includes a fragment of a Rose Bowl 1949 goalpost.
Football playbooks, scouting reports and game plans from the periods 1959-1962 and 1967-1972 from Donald A. "Jay" Robertson, Jr., a football player and coach at Northwestern University, and a coach at other unviersities and for National Football League teams.
This collection includes the 1936 College All-Star Team uniform worn by Northwestern University football star Paul A. Tangora (1909-1987).
Richard B. "Dick" Thornton played football for Northwestern Unviersity (1958 and 1959), and for several professional American and Canadian football teams. After football coaching and university positions, he became an international marketing executive for the Coca-Cola Company. His papers contain correspondence and mementos from throughout his life.
Northwestern football star Edward Tunnicliff (School of Speech 1950) scored the final touchdown and won the game for Northwestern in the 1949 Rose Bowl. This collection documents Tunnicliff’s involvement with Northwestern football with a scrapbook and artifacts.
Lynn "Pappy" Waldorf was football coach at Northwestern University (1936-1947), and other universities, and served as Director of Player Personnel for the San Francisco 49ers. His papers fill five boxes with items mostly related to his career and accomplishments as a football coach. The consist of biographical materials, clippings, and scrapbooks.
This collection contains two costumes worn to embody the Northwestern University mascot, Willie the Wildcat. The costumes date from circa 1991-1995 and circa 1997-2000, and were generally employed at Northwestern athletic events. Each costume includes an oversized caricature wildcat head; an artificial fur suit worn over arms, legs, and torso; gloves; and footwear. The collection also includes additional costume elements.
- Football 22
- College students 20
- Football players 17
- Basketball 4
- Basketball players 3
- College athletes 3
- Football coaches 3
- African American college athletes 2
- African American college students 2
- Baseball 2
- Baseball players 2
- College sports 2
- Football uniforms 2
- Sportscasters 2
- Swimmers 2
- Swimming 2
- Tennis 2
- Track and field 2
- Basketball--Statistics 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Divers 1
- Diving 1
- Graduate students 1
- Grosse Point Lighthouse (Ill.) 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Mayors 1
- Music in universities and colleges 1
- Photographs 1
- Sailing 1
- Saxophonists 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Sports executives 1
- Sports team mascots 1
- Sweaters 1
- Tennis players 1
- Track and field athletes 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern Wildcats (Football team) 25
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 16
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Athletics and Recreation 6
- Northwestern Wildcats (Basketball team) 5
- Rose Bowl (Football game) (1949 : Pasadena, Calif.) 5
- Graham, Otto, 1921-2003 2
- National Football League 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern Wildcats (Swimming and diving team) 2
- Abrahams, Richard (Richard T.) 1
- Baker, Frank Louis, 1909-1985 1
- Bauman, Alfred Ernest, 1920-1979 1
- Bell, Herbert Yeomans, 1882-1965 1
- Brumback, Willson Pinkerton, 1896-1981 1
- Canadian Football League 1
- Chicago Bears (Football team) 1
- Combe, Ivan, 1911-2000 1
- Coney, Jeff, 1952- 1
- Cvercko, Jack, 1941- 1
- DeCorrevont, Bill, 1918-1995 1
- Doles, Tommy, 1995- 1
- Flatley, Paul, 1941- 1
- Golden, Asher 1
- Hemke, Fred 1
- Johnson, Jimmy, 1879-1942 1
- Johnsos, Luke, 1905-1984 1
- Kafer, Howard, 1879-1950 1
- Kuhn, Al, 1934-2017 1
- Logan, Chuck, 1943- 1
- McKinney, Billy, 1955- 1
- Myers, Tom (Thomas Welborn), 1943- 1
- Nemeth, Edward L., 1925-2014 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Athletic Media Services 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Sociology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Sailing Club 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Music 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Perricone, Gaspar F., 1928-2020 1
- Pitts, James P., 1944- 1
- Pro Football Hall of Fame (U.S.) 1
- Rahr, Gordon J., 1905-1993 1
- Robertson, Jay, 1940- 1
- Tangora, Paul A., 1909-1987 1
- Thornton, Dick, 1939-2014 1
- Troy High School (Troy, Ohio) 1
- Tunnicliff, Ed, 1925-2021 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Football 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Students 1
- United States Masters Swimming (Program) 1
- University of California, Berkeley--Football 1
- WNUR (Radio station : Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Waldorf, Lynn O., 1902-1981 1 + ∧ less