Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The Records of the Anthropology Department, filling five boxes, span the years 1964 to 1973. No records exist for the 1965-66 academic year. The bulk of the records fall between 1964 and 1969 and include, but are not limited to, annual reports, applications for graduate study or employment, budgets, correspondence, curriculum, department memos, faculty curriculum vitae, and materials relating to fellowships, the Program of African Studies, research proposals, and summer sessions.
The papers of economist George Dalton (a member of the faculty of Northwestern University) fill 59 boxes spanning the period 1945-1991. Most of the material dates from 1960 to 1991. The papers contain biographical materials, education files, correspondence, teaching files, and publications, research files, and papers presented before professional organizations.
This series of six and one-half boxes contains materials relating to social anthropologist Dame Mary Tew Douglas' scholarly research and publication. In addition to a small amount of biographical materials, the papers are arranged into two subseries: African research materials, consisting chiefly of research notes, diaries and correspondence; and Publications, including notes, drafts, clippings, reviews, and correspondence.
Dating from 1940-2000 and filling 45 boxes, the Francis L. K. Hsu Papers document Hsu's prominence as an anthropology professor and scholar specializing in kinship patterns and cultural comparisons between large, literate societies, namely, the United States, China, India, and Japan. The papers consist of biographical materials, correspondence, teaching files, student files, research files and notebooks, interview transcripts, lecture/conference notes and records, and publication files.
Oswald Werner joined the faculty of Northwestern in 1963 and remained until his retirement in 1998. His research focused on linguistics as well as cultural anthropology, particularly as they related to the Navajo. The Oswald Werner Papers fill forty-one boxes and span the years 1959 to 2007. They are arranged into six major categories: biographical materials, correspondence, Northwestern University general files, Northwestern University teaching materials, grants files, and publications.
- Anthropology--Study and teaching 3
- Anthropologists 2
- Africa--Study and teaching 1
- Anthropology 1
- Benin 1
- Chinese Americans 1
- Economics--Study and teaching 1
- Economists 1
- Ethnology--Africa 1
- Ethnology--Study and teaching 1
- Linguistics--Study and teaching 1
- Suriname 1
- Trinidad 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 6
- Herskovits, Melville J. (Melville Jean), 1895-1963 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Program of African Studies 2
- Boas, Franz, 1858-1942 1
- Dalton, George 1
- Douglas, Mary, 1921-2007 1
- Du Bois, W. E. B. (William Edward Burghardt), 1868-1963 1
- Evans-Pritchard, E. E. (Edward Evan), 1902-1973 1
- Hsu, Francis L. K., 1909-1999 1
- Mead, Margaret, 1901-1978 1
- Myrdal, Gunnar, 1898-1987 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Economics 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Ethnographic Field School 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Foreign Relations 1
- Werner, Oswald 1 + ∧ less