Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
The Papers of Bud Beyer, NU alumnus and long-time (1972-2008) faculty member at NU's School of Communication, include biographical files, teaching materials, professional activities, and shows. The bulk of the collection consists of notes, scripts and clippings from Beyer's work as a mime instructor and from theatrical productions he directed.
James F. Coakley joined Northwestern University's theatre faculty as Assistant Professor of Theatre in 1971. The James F. Coakley Papers, spanning the years from 1960 through 1993, comprise three boxes and are arranged in seven sub-series: biographical materials, education, scripts, publications, research, correspondence, and scrapbooks.
Downs most significant contributions to the field of theatre were in his role as an acting teacher and director, both roles he played at Northwestern University from 1973 – 2007. The David Downs papers are arranged in 51 boxes and span the years from 1927 to 2014. They are organized into five main subseries: biographical materials, correspondence, Northwestern University, publications and professional work, and oversize materials.
The papers of costume designer Virgil Johnon, Northwestern University alumnus and faculty member in the School of Communication (1969-2007), include biographical and teaching files as well as costume and stage sketches and production material.
This series is comprised of the administrative records of the Theatre Department of Northwestern University's School of Speech. The series, mainly comprised of departmental correspondence and a few subject files, spans the years from 1950 through 1977.
Teacher, critic, and parodist Walter B. Scott taught Dramatic Literature in Northwestern's School of Speech (now the School of Communication) from 1939-1976. His Papers document his life, teaching career, and writings. A highlight of the collection is Scott's engagement with a vibrant group of colleagues.
These records, from the period 1965-1975, include academic records, student teaching records and evaluations, notes on advisor-student meetings, qualifying exams, proposals for theses, student lesson plans and bibliographies, and correspondence. Most of the students were working towards master's or doctoral degrees. Most of the material relates to students directed by Professor Barbara M. McIntyre, although some involves Professor Anne H. Thurman.
The prompt books for theatrical productions of Northwestern University's School of Speech include scripts for University Theatre productions, annotated for use by the prompter, along with sketches of the staging and other notes. Bound prompt books include most of the productions from number 50 (1933) through number 320 (1957).
- Theater--Study and teaching 7
- Acting--Study and teaching 1
- Children's theater 1
- College theater 1
- Costume 1
- Costume designers 1
- Drama--Study and teaching 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Mime--Study and teaching 1
- Mimes 1
- Theater--Production and direction 1
- Theater--Production and direction--Study and teaching 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 6
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 2
- Asolo Theater (Sarasota, Fla.) 1
- Beyer, Bud 1
- Coakley, James Francis, 1933-2014 1
- Crowley, Edward J. (Edward Joseph), 1906-1984 1
- Downs, David, 1946- 1
- DuVivier, David, 1911-1994 1
- Ellmann, Richard, 1918-1987 1
- Graff, Gerald 1
- Hayford, Harrison 1
- Johnson, Virgil C. 1
- Mitchell, Lee, 1906-1988 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Communication 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Theatre 1
- Scott, Elizabeth Franklin, 1906-2002 1
- Scott, W. B. (Walter Bernard), 1906-1980 1
- Thurman, Anne H. 1 + ∧ less