Showing Collections: 21 - 35 of 35
This series is comprised of School of Speech registration statistics from the period 1958-1978. The statistics, class load summaries, are recorded quarterly in tabular columns on oversize sheets. Most academic quarters of the period are represented. The class load summaries note academic courses offered, corresponding credit hours, total course enrollment, enrollment breakdowns by gender and undergraduate/graduate status, and totals for undergraduate and graduate hours taught.
The minutes of the meetings of the faculty of the School of Speech document the development of policy and other administrative matters of the School from its inception in 1892 through 1968. Among various matters recorded in the minutes are the adoption of new or revised rules and degree requirements, curricular changes, committee appointments, reports of committees, recommendations for student awards and honors and for promotion and graduation of students, and student petitions.
The records of the School of Speech include administrative files on programs, committees, organizations and other School functions.
This series is comprised of tabular grade distribution reports dating between 1970 and 1978. The reports, issued according to academic quarter, note both the number and percentage of students receiving each letter grade awarded in any given course.
Filling six boxes and spanning the period 1983-90, this series is comprised of evaluations of courses offered in the Institute's Radio-TV-Film/Communicative Disorders, Forensics, and Theatre Arts divisions. The evaluations assess each course's methods, structure, and overall worth, as well as the techniques employed by the instructor. Both standardized and narrative formats are utilized in the evaluations.
This series, filling two and one-half boxes and spanning the period 1973-1984, includes the faculty administrative and personnel records of the School of Speech's National High School Institute. The records are divided into four subseries: general administrative records, divisional records, faculty meetings, and receptions.
This series fills eleven boxes and spans the period 1973-1987. Included are evaluations of students enrolled in the Institute's Radio-TV-Film/Communicative Disorders, Forensics, and Theatre Arts (formerly known as Drama and Interpretation and Performance and Production) divisions. The evaluations assess each student's skills through both standardized and narrative formats.
The School of Speech student papers fills six boxes and dates from 1946-1978. More than five boxes of the series are graduate student papers. Papers from C, D, and E Level courses are included.
This series consists of academic records of students enrolled in the School of Speech (School of Oratory) from 1892 to 1922. The records, in the form of registration cards, contain the following information: date of registration, student's name, age, hometown and Evanston address. The older cards (1892-1913) include a "record of studies pursued elsewhere, with Grade Marks." They also record the work done by the students by year (Junior or Senior), term and instructor.
twelve boxes, span the dates 1949-2000 and include biographical materials, education files, general correspondence, subject correspondence, committee files, teaching files, research files, speeches/addresses/papers, and publications.
The prompt books for theatrical productions of Northwestern University's School of Speech include scripts for University Theatre productions, annotated for use by the prompter, along with sketches of the staging and other notes. Bound prompt books include most of the productions from number 50 (1933) through number 320 (1957).
Atholl Douglas (Paddy) Whannel was a film scholar. He first came to teach at Northwestern University in 1969 and became an associate professor of film in 1972. His papers fill three and one-half boxes and span the years from 1896 to 1980. The papers (spanning the years 1896 to 1980) contain biographical materials, general correspondence, writings, research materials, and course materials.
- College theater 3
- Acting--Study and teaching 2
- Evanston (Ill.) 2
- Photographs 2
- Speech disorders--Study and teaching 2
- Speech--Study and teaching 2
- Audiologists 1
- Audiology 1
- Audiology--Study and teaching 1
- Children's theater 1
- Communication--Study and teaching 1
- Communicative disorders--Study and teaching 1
- Drama in education 1
- Dramatists, American 1
- Freedom of speech--United States 1
- Grading and marking (Students) 1
- Interpersonal communication 1
- Latin America--History--Study and teaching 1
- Motion pictures--Study and teaching 1
- Oratory--Study and teaching 1
- Poets, American--20th century 1
- Radio authorship--Study and teaching 1
- Radio--Production and direction--Study and teaching 1
- Reviewing stand (Radio program) 1
- Theater--Production and direction 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- United States--History--Study and teaching 1
- Wilderness areas--United States--Poetry 1
- Your right to say it (Radio program) 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 18
- National High School Institute 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 3
- Dennis, Ralph B. (Ralph Brownell), 1876-1942 2
- National High School Institute--Faculty 2
- National High School Institute--Students 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech--Students 2
- American Civil Liberties Union 1
- Bergen, Edgar, 1903-1978 1
- Burr, Aaron, 1756-1836 1
- Carhart, Raymond, 1912-1975 1
- Children's Theatre of Evanston 1
- Cox, Isaac Joslin, 1873-1956 1
- Crews, Albert R. 1
- Elliott, Lois L. (Lois Lawrence), 1931-1995 1
- Galati, Frank 1
- Goodman Theatre (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Haiman, Franklyn Saul 1
- Heathcote, Dorothy 1
- Horton, Donald H., 1908-1992 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Lee, Irving J., 1909-1955 1
- Lee, Laura L. (Laura Louise), 1914-1987 1
- McBurney, James H. (James Howard), 1905-1986 1
- Mearns, Hughes, 1875-1965 1
- Minsk, L. David, 1924-2017 1
- Moore, G. Paul 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Periodicals 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Communicative Disorders 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Speech Correction and Audiology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Institute for Modern Communications 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Theatre 1
- Reisser, Harriet Cain, 1921-2003 1
- Sandburg, Carl, 1878-1967 1
- Sarett, Lew, 1888-1954 1
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company 1
- Tillman, Tom W. (Tom Whitten), 1931-2000 1
- Ward, Winifred, 1884-1975 1
- Whannel, Paddy, 1922-1980 1
- Wilkinson, James, 1757-1825 1
- Zarefsky, David 1 + ∧ less