Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
This series comprises boxes of Attendance Cards for Northwestern University Settlement clubs and classes, and boxes of three-by-five individual Registration Cards.
The Northwestern University Settlement Association Delinquent Boy Case files include case files, address cards, papers containing plans for the program, letters, a list of acronyms for agencies, and other administrative documents.
The Northwestern University provided emergency assistance through its Emergency Food Pantry and Clothing Supply. This series consists of three boxes of client information files generated by the Settlement's emergency assistance program between Spring, 1985 and September, 1986. The records consist mainly of photocopies of identification presented by the clients in order to verify their residence within the Settlement's jurisdiction.
The collection consists of 100 glass transparency slides (3.25 x 4 inches), also known as magic lantern slides, divided into two thematic clusters, dating from the turn of the 20th century, and identified with the Northwestern University Settlement.
The photographs in this series document the Northwestern University Settlement Association from 1890 — 1991. Prints as well as safety film negatives are included. This collection includes many of the photographs that appear in The Worn Doorstep by Mark Wukas.
The Doris Overboe Papers fill five boxes and one card-file, and document her involvement with the Northwestern University Settlement Association (NUSA) and –the bulk of the materials—her research into the life of Harriet Vittum, long-time Head Resident at the Settlement.
- Social settlements--Illinois--Chicago 4
- Boys--Societies and clubs 3
- Social service--Illinois--Chicago--Societies, etc. 3
- Girls--Societies and clubs 2
- Social settlements 2
- Social settlements--Illinois--Chicago--Administration 2
- Adult education--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Social conditions--19th century 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Community-based social services--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Family services--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Juvenile delinquents--Services for--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Presidents--United States--Election --1916 1
- Social service--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Social work administration--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Young women--Social life and customs--20th century 1 + ∧ less
- Vittum, Harriet E. (Harriet Elizabeth), 1872-1953 3
- National Federation of Settlements and Neighborhood Centers 2
- Northwestern University Settlement (Chicago, Ill.)--Administration 2
- Clark, Lenora E. 1
- Community Fund of Chicago, inc. 1