Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 25
This collection holds an assortment of items pertaining to the 1949 Rose Bowl football game, which Northwestern University's Wildcats won over the University of California's Golden Bears. Items include media clippings, expense reports, souvenir programs, train menus, and other materials documenting the game, the participation of the NU Marching Band, the trip to and from Los Angeles, and related celebratory events.
This series consists of a scrapbook chronicling the intercollegiate games played by the 1948 Northwestern University football team, which went on to play in and win the 1949 Rose Bowl.
The Frank Baker scrapbook in large part features newspaper clippings documenting Baker's athletic career in several secondary schools and at Northwestern University.
The series consists of one oversize scrapbook documenting Bauman's career as a collegiate football player at Northwestern University.
The Jack Cvercko Papers fill two boxes, with the majority of the collection relating to Cvercko’s years and accomplishments as a football player at Northwestern, and the 1962 and 1963 seasons in particular.
William "Bill" DeCorrevont played football at Austin High and Northwestern University before entering professional football in 1945. The papers consist of biographical information, documents, clippings, and artifacts relating to his football career.
The collection documents Tommy Doles’s academic and athletic achievements at Northwestern University. Materials date between 2014 and 2019.
Paul Richard Flatley enrolled at Northwestern University in 1959 and began his football career as a member of Northwestern’s 1959 freshmen squad. After receiving a B.A. in history and Russian in 1963, he played professional footbal with the Minnesota Vikings and Atlanta Falcons. His papers fill one half-sized box and span the period of 1961-2008. Materials are arranged in two categories: clippings and photographs.
The Asher Golden Collection contains 29 audiocassette recordings and a small amount of paper documents from Northwestern University’s 1995-1997 football seasons. A sports reporter for Northwestern’s WNUR radio station, Golden covered Wildcat football between 1995 and the January 1, 1997 Citrus Bowl.
This collection contains scrapbooks from the life of Football Hall of Fame star and Northwestern University alumnus Otto Graham. The scrapbooks range in date from 1936-1985 and hold numerous media clippings, photographs, and family ephemera.
Two scrapbooks and additional clippings/biographical information document James E. "Jimmy" Johnson's education at the Carlisle Indian Industrial School and at Northwestern University, as well as his football career at both schools.
The Henry Howard Kafer collection is comprised of one photograph, depicting the Northwestern University football team of 1904, garments and other textiles.
Northwestern football star Thomas Welborn Myers was the starting quarterback for the Wildcats in the 1962 season under coach Ara Parseghian. He was named All-American and All-Time All American, and went on to play for the Detroit Lions. His papers include clippings, scrapbooks, photographs, and other materials documentiing Myers' football career.
This scrapbook, containing mainly news clippings and photographs, was compiled by Nancy Ann Meyers Nemeth, wife of Edward Nemeth (left guard on Northwestern's football team), and documents Northwestern's winning participation in the 1949 Rose Bowl football game.
Gaspar Perricone played a key role on Northwestern’s winning 1949 Rose Bowl-winning team. The Papers document his football career at Northwestern, with an emphasis on the 1949 Rose Bowl.
The collection documents Rahr’s involvement as a player with the Northwestern University football teams of 1924 and 1925 and with the notable Big Ten championship team of 1926. The collection also includes a fragment of a Rose Bowl 1949 goalpost.
- Football 22
- Football players 17
- College students 16
- Football coaches 3
- Football uniforms 2
- Baseball 1
- Baseball players 1
- Basketball 1
- Basketball players 1
- College athletes 1
- Graduate students 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Sportscasters 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 12
- Rose Bowl (Football game) (1949 : Pasadena, Calif.) 5
- National Football League 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Athletics and Recreation 2
- Baker, Frank Louis, 1909-1985 1
- Bauman, Alfred Ernest, 1920-1979 1
- Brumback, Willson Pinkerton, 1896-1981 1
- Canadian Football League 1
- Chicago Bears (Football team) 1
- Cvercko, Jack, 1941- 1
- DeCorrevont, Bill, 1918-1995 1
- Doles, Tommy, 1995- 1
- Flatley, Paul, 1941- 1
- Golden, Asher 1
- Graham, Otto, 1921-2003 1
- Johnson, Jimmy, 1879-1942 1
- Johnsos, Luke, 1905-1984 1
- Kafer, Howard, 1879-1950 1
- Logan, Chuck, 1943- 1
- Myers, Tom (Thomas Welborn), 1943- 1
- Nemeth, Edward L., 1925-2014 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Northwestern Wildcats (Basketball team) 1
- Perricone, Gaspar F., 1928-2020 1
- Pro Football Hall of Fame (U.S.) 1
- Rahr, Gordon J., 1905-1993 1
- Robertson, Jay, 1940- 1
- Tangora, Paul A., 1909-1987 1
- Thornton, Dick, 1939-2014 1
- Troy High School (Troy, Ohio) 1
- Tunnicliff, Ed, 1925-2021 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Football 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Students 1
- University of California, Berkeley--Football 1
- WNUR (Radio station : Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Waldorf, Lynn O., 1902-1981 1 + ∧ less