Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The Records of the Classics Department at Northwestern University fill three boxes and span the years 1964-1992. The records fall into four categories - administrative, faculty files, teaching files, and teaching assistant files, of which the teaching files comprise the largest part.
Abstract The Alfred Dorjahn Papers are arranged in three main categories: biographical material; publications; and material by and about Vernon Robert Dorjahn. Dorjahn's major interest was in legal and classical antiquities.
Abstract The Grundy Steiner (1916-2004) Papers cover the years 1937 to 2004. They consist largely of teaching files and correspondence from Professor Steiner's time teaching Latin and classics at Northwestern University (1947-1984). The papers contain research notes for publications, classes, and lectures, as well as biographical materials like Northwestern personnel records and biographies.
Dates: 1937 - 2004; Other: Majority of material found within 1955 - 1984; Other: Date acquired: 04/11/2005
- Classical literature--Study and teaching 2
- Classical antiquities--Study and teaching 1
- Classicists 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Classics 2
- Dorjahn, Alfred P. (Alfred Paul), 1894-1986 1
- Dorjahn, Vernon R. (Vernon Robert), 1928-2008 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Steiner, Grundy, 1916-2004 1