Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract On May 3, 1968 more than 100 undergraduate and graduate students occupied the Bursar's Office, in the first major sit-in experienced at Northwestern University. After the students' April 22nd list of demands were not met, they declared their intention to keep the office occupied until these demands were met. This peaceful 38-hour occupation ended with University leaders negotiating with students, and committing to enhance services and support for Black students related to admissions,...
Dates: 1968 - 2008; Other: Majority of material found within 1968
Abstract The Records of the Department of African American Student Affairs (AASA), filling three boxes and spanning the years 1966 to 2001, contain valuable information on the development of the Black community at Northwestern University. The bulk of the records consist of historical information and materials relating to organizations, programs, and events under the sponsorship of the office.The Historical Records of the Office of African American Student Affairs (AASA) date from ca. 1968...
Abstract NUBIA (Northwestern University Black-Wimmin In Action) was established in October 1990 to address the needs of African-American women--faculty, staff, and students--at Northwestern University. The records of NUBIA, filling one box and spanning the years 1990-2001, document the foundation and major activities of the organization. They consist of organizational documents, meeting agendas and minutes, membership lists, activities announcements and handouts, general and activities-related...
Abstract Eva Jefferson Paterson (1949- ), a graduate of Northwestern University's Weinberg College of Arts and Science class of 1971, is a civil rights attorney. Her collection spans the years 1970-2013 and contains biographical materials, correspondence, interviews, publications, and awards.
Dates: 1970 - 2017
- African American college students--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Student movements 2
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American student movements 1
- African American women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 1
- Civil rights demonstrations--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Lawyers 1
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of African American Student Affairs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Minority Student Affairs 1