Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Ira D. Anderson joined the faculty of Northwestern University in the School of Commerce in 1937, and together with Delbert Duncan, established the Graduate Internship program in Retailing and Advertising. Anderson's papers fill one and a half boxes and include mostly teaching files from the period prior to his administrative work in the School of Business.
Dates: 1936 - 1993
Abstract The papers of economist George Dalton (a member of the faculty of Northwestern University) fill 59 boxes spanning the period 1945-1991. Most of the material dates from 1960 to 1991. The papers contain biographical materials, education files, correspondence, teaching files, and publications, research files, and papers presented before professional organizations.
Dates: 1945 - 1991; Other: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1991
Abstract The Frederick Shipp Deibler Papers, comprising five and one-half boxes, consist principally of general correspondence and subject files, plus a small amount of biographical material. The Papers provide a rich documentary record of Deibler's academic career, his role as an economic advisor to several government boards and his participation in activities related to some of the major social issues of his time.
Abstract Robert Eisner was an American economist. Eisner joined Northwestern's faculty in 1952 and retired from the university in 1994. Eisner’s areas of specialization included the macroeconomics of business cycles and business investment, depreciation, federal budget deficits, monetary and fiscal policy, as well as the economics of social security and tax policy. The Robert Eisner Papers fill 46 boxes, spanning the years 1942 to 1998, and document Eisner's professional life, with the bulk of the...
Abstract The Simeon E. Leland Papers, comprising 23 boxes and one package, span the years 1918 to 1972 and contain biographical materials, general correspondence, writings and speeches, course and teaching materials, research and reference files, and files of the University of Chicago Social Science Research Committee pertaining to its investigation of the role of public debt in the modern state. The papers document Leland's career in academics and government service as a specialist in the fields of...
Abstract This series consists of 9 boxes of material consisting of Robert H. Strotz's tenure at Northwestern University's Economics Department. The bulk of the material covedrs the period 1962-1969. The collection's time period also covers Strotz's tenure as Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, 1965-1970. Files on conferences and lectures, general correspondence, graduate students, course materials, book and manuscript reviews, and site visits to other educational institutions on behalf of the U.S....
Dates: 1959 - 1970; Other: Majority of material found within 1962 - 1969
Abstract This series, which fills 47 boxes, is comprised of topically organized subject and correspondence files of Northwestern University President Robert H. Strotz (1970-1986). These records are filed as they were received, alphabetically by folder title. Full processing of these records is planned.
- Economics--Study and teaching 5
- College presidents 1
- Management--Scholarships, fellowships, etc. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 5
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Economics 5
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 2
- Strotz, Robert H. (Robert Henry) 2
- American Economic Association 1
- Anderson, Ira Dennis, 1907-1993 1
- Dalton, George 1
- Deibler, Frederick Shipp, 1876-1961 1
- Eisner, Robert 1
- Gardner, Henry B. (Henry Brayton), 1863-1939 1
- Howard, Earl Dean, 1876-1956 1
- Leland, Simeon E. (Simeon Elbridge), 1897-1972 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Funds and scholarships 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Anthropology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the President 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Business 1
- Scott, Walter Dill, 1869-1955 1
- Young, Allyn A. (Allyn Abbott), 1876-1929 1 ∧ less