Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
The Edward C. Dapples Papers, filling three boxes, span the years 1938 to 1980 and cover his career as a geologist, consultant and university professor. The papers include biographical materials, correspondence, publications files, and research and subject files. Included in the subject files are drawings, booklets, a few letters, graphs, maps, diagrams, and bibliographies on various geological subjects from the period 1940-1976.
The Papers of stratigraphic and petroleum geologist Laurence L. Sloss, who taught at Northwestern University from 1947-1981, consist of correspondence, publications, fieldwork (notes and maps), publications, and photographs.
Structural geologist and geophysicist Robert C. Speed (1933-2003) taught at Northwestern University from 1966 to 2002. His work focused on tectonics, structural geology, and active continental margins, mostly in Nevada, Barbados, and across the Caribbean. These papers document Speed's research, fieldwork, publications, and teaching life.
- Geological surveys--Alaska 1
- Geologists 1
- Geology--Alaska 1
- Geology--Caribbean Area 1
- Geology--Nevada 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Geology 5
- Geological Survey (U.S.) 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- American Association of Petroleum Geologists 1
- Dapples, Edward C. 1
- Garrels, Robert M. (Robert Minard), 1916-1988 1
- Geological Society of America 1
- Grant, Avis Winchell, -1964 1
- Grant, U. S. (Ulysses Sherman), 1867-1932 1
- Howland, A. L. (Arthur Lloyd), 1908-1978 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Sloss, L. L. (Laurence Louis), 1913-1996 1
- Speed, Robert C. 1
- Whitten, E. H. Timothy (Eric Harold Timothy), 1927- 1 + ∧ less