Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract Clyde LeClare Grose, a specialist in early modern British history, came to Northwestern University as an Instructor in History in 1916, soon after becoming Chairman of the History Department. He remained at Northwestern until his death in 1942. Grose was born on April 8, 1889, in Deweyville, Ohio, and spent his childhood on the family farm. He and his parents then moved to Findlay, Ohio where he attended high school; he received his bachelor's degree from Findlay College in 1910. He went...
Found in: Northwestern University Archives
- Repository: Northwestern University Archives X
- Subject: History--Study and teaching X
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of History X
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty X
- Names: Grose, Clyde LeClare, 1899-1942. Select bibliography of British history, 1660-1760 X