Showing Collections: 21 - 31 of 31
Abstract The David Joravsky papers fill thirteen boxes and are arranged into six categories: biographical materials; correspondence files; materials relating to Joravsky's service on behalf of Northwestern University; non-Northwestern teaching files; materials pertaining to scholarly organizations; and publications, research, and grant applications files. The bulk of the series, nine boxes, is comprised of materials concerning Joravsky's work on behalf of Northwestern...
Abstract The Richard W. Leopold papers are prodigious in both volume and scope. They document not only the long and productive career of an eminent scholar but also reflect many significant issues and developments in the historical profession and at Northwestern University during the twentieth century. The material spans the period of Leopold's life although the vast bulk date between 1938 and 1980, the years of his teaching career. His papers include correspondence and other materials of...
Abstract The Oliver Marcy Papers comprise biographical materials; correspondence; copies of articles and addresses by Marcy; and materials relating to the Northwestern University Museum of Natural History. Marcy's correspondence concerns a variety of subjects, including his early career as a science teacher at Wilbraham Academy and at Amenia Seminary; his career as a faculty member and his two separate terms as Acting President of Northwestern; Northwestern's faculty and administration, campus life, and...
Abstract Richard C. Overton was born on November 9, 1907 in Montclair, New Jersey. He attended Williams College, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in History in 1929 and a Master of Arts in Economics in 1934. From Harvard University, he received a Master of Arts and a Doctorate in History (1944). The Richard Overton Papers fill 5 boxes and span the years 1940 to 1990, with the bulk of the papers dating between 1942 and 1955. Materials cover: biographical information; memberships; conferences; the...
Abstract The George T. Romani Papers comprise 11 boxes of material generated during his career as a college student and teacher, 1935-1977. The papers are divided into five general categories: Biographical Materials, Student Materials: University of California-Berkeley, Correspondence, Academic Files and Writings and Research. The bulk of the collection consists of his Academic Files which span Romani's thirty year career at Northwestern University, 1947-1977. His research focused on European history,...
Abstract Scott joined the faculty at Northwestern University in 1935, where he remained until his retirement in 1969. Scott's research interests included Sweden and Scandinavia. Upon retiring, Scott became the curator of Nordic Collections at the Honnold Library at Pomona College. Scott died in 1994. The Franklin D. Scott Papers, spanning the years from 1923 through 1982, comprise eight boxes and are arranged in six sub-series: biographical materials, correspondence, teaching materials, meetings...
Abstract Tudor historian Lacey Baldwin Smith (born 1922) taught at Northwestern University from 1955-1993. His papers fill 15 boxes and consist largely of correspondence between Smith and colleagues, students, and business associates.
Abstract Richard Wendorf was a professor of English and of Art History at Northwestern University and served the College of Arts and Sciences as associate dean from 1984-1987. His primary research interests involved the eighteenth century poet William Collins and the relationship between biography and portrait painting. The Richard Wendorf Papers are composed of eight categories: biographical materials, education files, correspondence, teaching files, administrative files, professional organizations...
Abstract The Robert Wiebe Papers consist of biographical, correspondence, financial, University, department, teaching, advising, presentation, publication, and typescript files. Materials dating from approximately 1980 to 2000 form the bulk of the series.Dating from 1949 to 2000, the biographical materials consist of research reports, curriculum vitae, press releases, and obituaries documenting Wiebe's education and career in academia. Spanning from 1974 to 1993, family history includes Wiebe's...
Abstract The papers of Harold F. Williamson, Sr. fill seven boxes, and span the years 1926 to 1987. They illustrate the process of writing business histories, from proposal to publication, and the teaching of economic history over six decades from the 1920's into the 1970's. These materials are divided into seven broad categories: biographical materials, education, correspondence, teaching files, speeches and presentations, associations and organizations, and publications.
Abstract Zucker took a Ph.D. in history from Northwestern in August, 1972. The topic of his doctoral dissertation was The Free Negro Question: Race Relations in Ante-Bellum Illinois, 1801-1860. Zucker's papers fill four boxes and date largely from the term of his studies at Northwestern. Included are extensive course, lecture, and reading notes, syllabi, bibliographies, examinations, and other curricular materials.
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of History 18
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 17
- Boyce, Gray Cowan, 1899-1981 2
- Brace, Richard M. (Richard Munthe), 1915-1977 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Art History 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Commerce 2
- Bennett, Howard F. (Howard Franklin), 1911-1974 1
- Breckenridge, James D. (James Douglas), 1926-1982 1
- Burr, Aaron, 1756-1836 1
- Carlson, Leland H. (Leland Henry), 1908-1995 1
- Cox, Isaac Joslin, 1873-1956 1
- Erwin, Paul F., 1919-2010 1
- Grose, Clyde LeClare, 1899-1942 1
- Grose, Clyde LeClare, 1899-1942. Select bibliography of British history, 1660-1760 1
- Herzogenrath, Jessica Ray 1
- Heyck, Thomas William, 1938-2014 1
- Hughes, Jonathan R. T. 1
- James, James Alton, 1864-1962 1
- Japan International Christian University 1
- Joravsky, David 1
- Leopold, Richard William 1
- Marcy family 1
- Marcy, Elizabeth Eunice Smith, 1821-1911 1
- Marcy, Oliver, 1820-1899 1
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), 1922-2012 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- North Park College and Theological Seminary--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Examinations 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). African Curriculum Project 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Economics 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of English 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Natural History 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Graduate School 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Museum 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 1
- Overton, Richard C. (Richard Cleghorn), 1907-1988 1
- Panofsky, Erwin, 1892-1968 1
- Romani, George T. (George Thomas), 1917-1977 1
- Scott, Franklin D. (Franklin Daniel), 1901-1994 1
- Smith, Lacey Baldwin, 1922-2013 1
- United States. Naval Reserve--Officers 1
- Wendorf, Richard 1
- Wiebe, Robert H. 1
- Wilkinson, James, 1757-1825 1
- Williamson, Harold F. (Harold Francis), 1901-1989 1
- Winchell, Alexander, 1824-1891 1
- World Council of Churches 1
- Zucker, Charles N. (Charles Noye), 1945- 1 ∧ less