Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract During World War II, Northwestern University devoted resources to aid in winning the war, including a series of programs for the War Department. One of these programs was the U.S. Naval Reserve Midshipmen's School (designated "V-7"; students were known as "90-day wonders"). The bulk of this series consists of the records of the V-7 program, including graduation lists, class lists, graduation programs for classes, and clippings. The series includes a small amount material related to the V-1 and...
Abstract This series consists of U.S. Army Training School records documenting the training of individuals at Northwestern. Taking the form of pre-printed index cards or certificates completed for each student enrolled in Training School courses, the records typically include the following information: student's full name, permanent address, course and dates of study, and course rating. Also noted are ratings for aptitude in occupational categories and, occasionally, physical ratings as well as other...
Abstract The papers and artifacts of Benyaurd B. Wygant fill 21 boxes and span the period 1898 through 2005, with most items dating from the period 1917-1945. The collection documents in great detail Wygant’s life and career as an officer of the United States Navy.
Dates: 1898-2005, undated
- Air pilots, Military--Training of 1
- Navies--Officers 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Registers 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Civilian Pilot Training Program (U.S.) 1
- United States. Naval Reserve Midshipmen's School, Northwestern University 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Navy--Officers--Training of 1