Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract The Anti-Vietnam War Strike Materials Collection comprises a diverse assortment of documents and other materials relating to the University-wide strike that took place over a seven day period in May of 1970. The collection of newspaper clippings, press releases, flyers, and memos records the events of the strike and its aftermath through the summer and fall of 1970.
Dates: May 6 - 12, 1970
Abstract Northwestern University alumnus James (Jim) S. Roberts studied history and took photographs during a tumultuous time on and off the campus from 1969 to 1972. His photos (prints, color slides, and black-and-white negatives) include depictions of anti-war events such as the November 15, 1969 Moratorium march on Washington, D.C. and the May, 1970 strike at Northwestern University, as well as scenes from Cuernavaca, Mexico, and general student activities at Northwestern.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1969 - 1972; 1969-1972, 2012, 2021
Abstract The Student Protests and Strikes Collection consists of diverse materials that document political demonstrations and protests organized by students, spanning from August 1965 through October 1979. Each event included in this collection documents a segment of the history of Northwestern students' political activism.
- Student strikes 2
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 2
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- College students--Political activity 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Mexico 1
- Northwestern Anti-Vietnam War Strike, Evanston, Ill., 1970 1
- Protest movements 1
- Student movements 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Student strike, 1970 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Roberts, James S. 1