Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Abstract The Northwestern University Settlement Association was founded in 1891 in a poor, primarily immigrant neighborhood on the near northwest side of Chicago to improve conditions and to help its residents through its clubs and classes, social events, camping programs, and relief and emergency services. The Northwestern University Settlement Association General Administration Records document the daily activities of the organization and the personal lives of various individuals who were part of the...
Found in: Northwestern University Archives
- Repository: Northwestern University Archives X
- Subject: Social service--Illinois--Chicago--Societies, etc. X
- Names: Northwestern University Settlement (Chicago, Ill.) X
- Names: Vittum, Harriet E. (Harriet Elizabeth), 1872-1953 X
- Names: Northwestern University Settlement (Chicago, Ill.)--Administration X