Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
McBurney joined the Northwestern University faculty as an associate professor in 1936, and was appointed full professor of the School of Speech in 1941. He became Dean of the School of Speech in 1942 and held the position for thirty years until his retirement in 1972. The series fills seventeen folders (three boxes). Materials include correspondence, teaching files, speeches and publications.
The series consists of Reisser's Northwestern University course and lecture notes which date between 1937 and 1941. Filling two boxes, the notes are arranged according to the name of the academic department in which they were offered and then by course number. School of Speech course notes are filed together in Box 2 of the series. Numerous course syllabi and copies of Reisser's essays and examinations are included with the notes.
After attending the University of Washington for one year, Jean Summers Smith entered Northwestern University as a sophomore in 1929. A member of Gamma Phi Beta sorority, Smith graduated from Northwestern in 1932 with a B.A. degree in English. The Jean Summers Smith papers date between 1929 and 1932 and fill one box. The papers consist of course materials from Smith's studies at Northwestern.
- English language--Study and teaching 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 2
- Heston, Lilla, 1927-1984 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Machan, Katharyn Howd, 1952- 1
- McBurney, James H. (James Howard), 1905-1986 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Interpretation 1
- Reisser, Harriet Cain, 1921-2003 1
- Robinson, Karl F. (Karl Frederic), 1904-1967 1
- Smith, Jean Summers, 1911-1999 1
- Speech Association of America 1
- Speech Communication Association. Interpretation Division 1 + ∧ less