Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Civilian Pilot Training Program Student Record Cards
Naval V-12 Program Records
The Naval V-12 Program was established by the War Department on university campuses during World War II to provide the Navy with a continuous supply of officers. Northwestern University's V-12 unit was formed in July, 1943. The records of the V-12 program consist of Regulation and Organization manuals, lists of faculty and their teaching loads, administrative correspondence, clippings, and various class lists and course descriptions.
Student Army Training Corps Application and Induction Records
This series consists of applications for admission and induction record cards for students joining the Northwestern University unit of the Student Army Training Corps (S.A.T.C.). The series fills two boxes and dates from 1918.
U.S. Naval Training Programs, Records of
World War I: Alumni and Faculty War Service Record Cards
This series consists of record cards documenting the World War I-era military service of Northwestern University alumni and some faculty. The card for an individual typically records name, Northwestern class (if applicable), dates of birth and admission to and withdrawal from school, name of parent or guardian, permanent address, war service (postings, promotions, combat duty), and military addresses.
World War I: U.S. Army Training School Trainee Records
World War I: War Service Record Cards
The series consists of war service records for regularly and nominally-enrolled Northwestern students who served in the military or trained for military duty during the time of World War I.
Records of World Wars I and II
The Records of World Wars I and II related to Northwestern University fill two archival boxes and span the years 1914 to 2005. The records are divided into WWI and WWII with the majority of the records relating to WWII. Records document both activities during the Wars and commemorative activities postwar and include information about both general programs and specific individuals.
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 4
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 4
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1939-1945 3
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Military education 2
- Naval education--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Air pilots, Military--Training of 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Registers 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 4
- United States. Army. Students' Army Training Corps 2
- Civilian Pilot Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Navy V-12 Program (U.S.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. Navy--Officers--Training of 1
- United States. War Department 1
- United States. War Department. Army Training School 1 + ∧ less