Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Abstract Emily Boettcher Bogue earned Bachelor and Master degrees in music from Northwestern University before returning as a music instructor from 1930 to 1939, after which she married and moved to England. The Emily Boettcher Bogue Papers fill eleven boxes and span the years 1907 through 1996, with the bulk of the material dating between 1936 and 1954. Included are biographical materials; concert programs; scrapbooks; diaries and notebooks; correspondence; and teaching and professional materials.
Abstract Addison Hibbard served as Dean of the College of Liberal Arts from 1930-1945 after holding the same position at the University of North Carolina. These records comprise the administrative files of Addison Hibbard, Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, largely spanning the period 1943-1946; they also include a small amount of material from the period 1935-1942. The records include correspondence, memoranda, recommendations, surveys, budgets, reports and course descriptions. They concern College...
Abstract American journalist Eric R. Lund was born to Swedish immigrants on November 1, 1925 in Chicago, Illinois. Lund attended Northwestern University 1942-1949 (B.S. in journalism). Lund worked primarily at the Evanston review and Chicago daily news. After the latter paper ceased publication, Lund undertook a number of research and editing projects. The Eric R. Lund papers cover Lund’s ancestry and life, including both his professional...
Dates: 1900 - 2006
Abstract The Naval V-12 Program was established by the War Department on university campuses during World War II to provide the Navy with a continuous supply of officers. Northwestern University's V-12 unit was formed in July, 1943. The records of the V-12 program consist of Regulation and Organization manuals, lists of faculty and their teaching loads, administrative correspondence, clippings, and various class lists and course descriptions.
Abstract The Northwestern University Law School Newsletter was first published during the First World War and sent to students and alumni in the military. With the advent of the Second World War, the newsletter was resurrected and sent to hundreds of Northwestern Law School alumni and students serving in the military. In addition to the newsletters, the Northwestern University Law School Newsletter Records include correspondence between the editor of the newsletter and U.S. servicemen during the Second...
Dates: 1917-1919; 1942-1946
Abstract The Northwestern University Midshipmen’s School Association, headed by Bob Wilch and his wife, Sandra, maintained records, produced newsletters, and arranged reunions for veterans of the Midshipmen's Training School which ran at Northwestern during World War II. Records of the Midshipmen's School Association date from 1940-2009, and include clippings, rosters, directories, and reunion information; books and memoirs; and artifacts. This collections adds to the resources in the Archives relating...
Dates: 1940-2009; Other: Date acquired: 12/06/2011
Abstract U.S. Army Base Hospital No. 12 (Chicago Unit), frequently referred to as the Northwestern University Base Hospital, was organized in October 1916 to assist the Allied war effort in Europe, and revived in World War II. Records from various souurces include clippings, programs, poems, newsletters, journals, published articles, memorabilia, correspondence, photographs, and a scrapbook.
Abstract During WWII, Northwestern offered its facilities for use by the War Department. All together eleven specific training programs were operated at Northwestern in addition to the Naval Reserve Officers Training Corps (Naval R.O.T.C.). This series consists of three and one half-size boxes of records of the University's Naval programs which span the period from 1934-1960. The bulk of the records deal with the Technological Institute's administration of the naval programs in general, but there are...
Abstract The Records of World Wars I and II related to Northwestern University fill two archival boxes and span the years 1914 to 2005. The records are divided into WWI and WWII with the majority of the records relating to WWII. Records document both activities during the Wars and commemorative activities postwar and include information about both general programs and specific individuals.
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1939-1945 3
- Naval education--Illinois--Evanston 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Education and the war 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 2
- Air pilots, Military--Training of 1
- Englewood (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Journalism 1
- Letters to the editor 1
- Military education 1
- Periodicals 1
- Pianists 1
- San Francisco (Calif.)--Description and travel 1
- Swedish Americans 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Education and the war 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Medical care 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Veterans 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Japan 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Medical care 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Registers 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Veterans 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- United States. Navy--Officers--Training of 2
- Alumni Association of Northwestern University School of Law 1
- Boettcher, Emily, 1907-1992 1
- Chicago daily news 1
- Civilian Pilot Training Program (U.S.) 1
- Evanston review 1
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Chicago 1
- Hibbard, Addison, 1887-1945 1
- Lund, Eric R. (Eric Rudolph) 1
- Lund, Florence, -1989 1
- Lundin, Frederick, 1868-1947 1
- Navy V-12 Program (U.S.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Periodicals 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law. Newsletter 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Music 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Northwestern University Midshipmen's School Association 1
- United States. Army--Medical personnel 1
- United States. Army. Base Hospital No. 12 1
- United States. Naval Reserve Midshipmen's School, Northwestern University 1
- United States. Navy 1
- United States. War Department 1 ∧ less