Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Abstract This collection of architectural drawings of Northwestern University buildings, dating between 1932 and 1965 contains elevations, floor plans, alternate drawings, and measurement & detail alterations. The drawings represent most of the buildings present on the Northwestern campus around the mid 1950s, including houses.
Abstract These records fill two and one-half boxes and span the years 1963 through 1972. Included are correspondence, reports, and other materials documenting the planning and construction of the O.T. Hogan Biological Sciences Building. Also included are proposals and correspondence relating to funding and grant support fox construction costs as well as correspondence between University representatives and the building's architects.
Abstract This series fills two boxes and dates from the period 1961, 1965-1968. The records include correspondence and related materials documenting the planning, fundraising, design and construction of Leverone Hall, moving to the Hall and remodeling.
Dates: 1961, 1965-1977
Collection — Object: 1
Abstract This presentation album was prepared for Mrs. Nathaniel Leverone to acknowledge her late husband's gift to Northwestern University. Materials within the album span the dates August 15, 1968, to September, 1969.
Abstract The records of the University Architect span the years 1926 to 1977. They incorporate a variety of materials, ranging from building space requirements and descriptions by University faculty members of their research and teaching space needs, to correspondence, minutes, and reports, contracts, specifications, proposals in response to bid requests, reports of on-site engineering tests (caissons, compression, et al.), and detailed records of expenses and payments. Not all these varieties of...
Abstract This collection documents the activity of the committee established to plan and oversee construction of Northwestern University's University Library building (completed in 1970), viewed through the lens of Clarence Ver Steeg, who chaired the committte for over a decade. The Planning/Building Committee held regular, monthly meetings in addition to engaging in ongoing, sub-committee duties, site visits, and research. The collection is centered around the working files of the committee, including...
Dates: 1951 - 2001; Other: Majority of material found within 1961 - 1970; Other: Date acquired: 02/08/1984
- College buildings--Illinois--Evanston--Design and construction 2
- Architecture, Modern--20th century--Designs and plans 1
- College buildings--Illinois--Evanston--Design and construction--Finance 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Nathaniel Leverone Hall (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Leverone, Nathaniel, 1884-1969 1
- Nathaniel Leverone Hall Building Committee (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Biological Sciences 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library. Building Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library. Planning Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Physical Plant Department 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Architect 1
- O.T. Hogan Biological Sciences Building (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Ver Steeg, Clarence L. (Clarence Lester), 1922-2007 1 ∧ less