Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 38
Abstract This collection holds an assortment of items pertaining to the 1949 Rose Bowl football game, which Northwestern University's Wildcats won over the University of California's Golden Bears. Items include media clippings, expense reports, souvenir programs, train menus, and other materials documenting the game, the participation of the NU Marching Band, the trip to and from Los Angeles, and related celebratory events.
Dates: 1948 - 2009; Other: Majority of material found within 1948 - 1949
Abstract Swimmer Richard Abrahams set more than ten world records and more than twenty American records for Masters swimming. The 1966 Northwestern graduate is a Big Ten Champion, NCAA All-American, and an inductee to the International Masters Swimming Hall of Fame.
Dates: 1964-2007; Other: Date acquired: 04/01/2012
Abstract This collection of Northwestern University football films dates between 1929 and 1984 with a gap for the period 1932–1934. The films record actual intercollegiate games although for many seasons not all contests are represented. The films are most complete for football seasons from the 1950s through the 1980s; beginning in the late 1950s, practice, junior varsity, and freshman team game films often are included. Northwestern team and Big Ten Conference football highlight films are scattered...
Abstract This series consists of a scrapbook chronicling the intercollegiate games played by the 1948 Northwestern University football team, which went on to play in and win the 1949 Rose Bowl.
Abstract Included in this series are six scrapbooks of clippings documenting Northwestern University athletics for the years 1926-1927, 1927-1928, 1928-1929, 1929-1930, 1930-1931, and 1932-1933. The clippings mainly relate to University achievements in major intercollegiate sports including football, basketball, swimming, track, and baseball. Other sports are reflected as well but with less frequency and detail.
Abstract The records of the Northwestern University track team consists of three major subseries: cross country, indoor, and outdoor seasons. The records include meet schedules and brochures, team rosters, practice times, qualifying times during meets, notices of awards, clippings, and track records in metric equivalents.
Abstract The Athletic Media Services office, part of Northwestern University's Athletics and Recreation Department, is responsible for preparing publicity and informational materials about Northwestern University's inter-collegiate sports teams. The Records of the Department of Athletic Media Services span the years 1871 to 2002, with the bulk of the materials dating from the 1950s through the 1990s. Each sport's season will have folders containing programs, statistics, and press releases, as well as...
Collection — Volume: 1
Abstract The Frank Baker scrapbook in large part features newspaper clippings documenting Baker's athletic career in several secondary schools and at Northwestern University.
Dates: approximately 1924 - 1933
Abstract The series consists of one oversize scrapbook documenting Bauman's career as a collegiate football player at Northwestern University.
Abstract The series consists of eleven four-by-five inch glass plate negatives accompanied by corresponding contact prints. The negatives date from the period 1906-1911[?] and feature views of the Northwestern University campus and of University events (including a May, 1908, interscholastic track meet and commencement, ca. 1911). One additional contact print depicting Evanston's Grosse Point Lighthouse is unaccompanied by a negative. Negative emulsions are in fair to poor condition with considerable...
Dates: Other: Majority of material found within 1906-1911
Abstract Willson Brumback's Scrapbook documents Northwestern's triumphal 1916 football season in seventeen pages of newspaper clippings. Seven pages of clippings are devoted to the October 21, 1916, game at Stagg Field, when the Northwestern Purple beat the Chicago Maroons 10-0, NU's first win over Chicago since 1901. The majority of the clippings date between October and November 1916, and include those from the Daily Northwestern, local Chicago newspapers, and the papers local to the away games. Two...
Abstract The collection consists of a Northwestern University letter sweater, awarded to Ivan D. Combe for his play on the University’s varsity tennis team.
Dates: circa 1933
Abstract Jeff Coney became an official scorer for Northwestern University men’s basketball in 1971; as a Northwestern undergraduate, he served as student manager for men’s basketball from 1970 to 1974. The collection consists of an official National Collegiate Athletic Association basketball score book documenting Northwestern University men’s basketball games dating between December 2, 1972 and December 8, 1973.
Dates: 1972 - 1973
Abstract The Jack Cvercko Papers fill two boxes, with the majority of the collection relating to Cvercko’s years and accomplishments as a football player at Northwestern, and the 1962 and 1963 seasons in particular.
Dates: 1960 - 1998
Abstract William "Bill" DeCorrevont played football at Austin High and Northwestern University before entering professional football in 1945. The papers consist of biographical information, documents, clippings, and artifacts relating to his football career.
Abstract The collection documents Tommy Doles’s academic and athletic achievements at Northwestern University. Materials date between 2014 and 2019.
Dates: 2014 - 2019
Abstract Paul Richard Flatley enrolled at Northwestern University in 1959 and began his football career as a member of Northwestern’s 1959 freshmen squad. After receiving a B.A. in history and Russian in 1963, he played professional footbal with the Minnesota Vikings and Atlanta Falcons. His papers fill one half-sized box and span the period of 1961-2008. Materials are arranged in two categories: clippings and photographs.
Abstract The Asher Golden Collection contains 29 audiocassette recordings and a small amount of paper documents from Northwestern University’s 1995-1997 football seasons. A sports reporter for Northwestern’s WNUR radio station, Golden covered Wildcat football between 1995 and the January 1, 1997 Citrus Bowl.
Dates: 1995 - 1997
Abstract This collection contains scrapbooks from the life of Football Hall of Fame star and Northwestern University alumnus Otto Graham. The scrapbooks range in date from 1936-1985 and hold numerous media clippings, photographs, and family ephemera.
Dates: 1936-1985; Other: Date acquired: 10/04/2014
Abstract In 1956, Frederick L. Hemke was appointed as Professor of Music at Northwestern University in 1975. Hemke was the Northwestern University faculty representative to the Big Ten Conference from 1981 to 2001 and served as the Big Ten faculty representative to the NCAA. He has served on numerous Big Ten committees, including the management review and finance committee where he served as chairman. The Frederick L. Hemke Papers span the years 1962 to 2004.The Papers document Hemke's career at...
Dates: 1962 - 2004; Other: Majority of material found within 1990 - 2000
- Football 22
- College students 20
- Football players 17
- Football coaches 3
- Baseball 2
- Baseball players 2
- Basketball 2
- Basketball players 2
- College athletes 2
- College sports 2
- Football uniforms 2
- Swimmers 2
- Swimming 2
- Tennis 2
- Track and field 2
- African American college athletes 1
- African American college students 1
- Basketball--Statistics 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Divers 1
- Diving 1
- Graduate students 1
- Grosse Point Lighthouse (Ill.) 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Music in universities and colleges 1
- Photographs 1
- Sailing 1
- Saxophonists 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Sports team mascots 1
- Sportscasters 1
- Sweaters 1
- Tennis players 1
- Track and field athletes 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern Wildcats (Football team) 25
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 16
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Athletics and Recreation 6
- Rose Bowl (Football game) (1949 : Pasadena, Calif.) 5
- Northwestern Wildcats (Basketball team) 3
- National Football League 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern Wildcats (Swimming and diving team) 2
- Abrahams, Richard (Richard T.) 1
- Baker, Frank Louis, 1909-1985 1
- Bauman, Alfred Ernest, 1920-1979 1
- Bell, Herbert Yeomans, 1882-1965 1
- Brumback, Willson Pinkerton, 1896-1981 1
- Canadian Football League 1
- Chicago Bears (Football team) 1
- Combe, Ivan, 1911-2000 1
- Coney, Jeff, 1952- 1
- Cvercko, Jack, 1941- 1
- DeCorrevont, Bill, 1918-1995 1
- Doles, Tommy, 1995- 1
- Flatley, Paul, 1941- 1
- Golden, Asher 1
- Graham, Otto, 1921-2003 1
- Hemke, Fred 1
- Johnson, Jimmy, 1879-1942 1
- Johnsos, Luke, 1905-1984 1
- Kafer, Howard, 1879-1950 1
- Kuhn, Al, 1934-2017 1
- Logan, Chuck, 1943- 1
- Myers, Tom (Thomas Welborn), 1943- 1
- Nemeth, Edward L., 1925-2014 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Graduate students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Athletic Media Services 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Sociology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Sailing Club 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Music 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Perricone, Gaspar F., 1928-2020 1
- Pitts, James P., 1944- 1
- Pro Football Hall of Fame (U.S.) 1
- Rahr, Gordon J., 1905-1993 1
- Robertson, Jay, 1940- 1
- Tangora, Paul A., 1909-1987 1
- Thornton, Dick, 1939-2014 1
- Troy High School (Troy, Ohio) 1
- Tunnicliff, Ed, 1925-2021 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Football 1
- United States Indian School (Carlisle, Pa.)--Students 1
- United States Masters Swimming (Program) 1
- University of California, Berkeley--Football 1
- WNUR (Radio station : Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Waldorf, Lynn O., 1902-1981 1 ∧ less