Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 44
Abstract Karl Abt graduated from Northwestern University in 1948 with a B.S. in Business Administration (concentration in business management/personnel). While at Northwestern, Abt was active in the Northwestern University Band, playing clarinet and bass clarinet, the Christian Youth League, and was a member of the Sigma Nu fraternity. The Karl Abt Papers, filling four boxes, consists of materials from the courses Abt attended. Course syllabi, class notes, tests, and a few short reading assignments are...
Abstract This collection consists of index cards that document the credits, majors, courses taken, and graduation dates of alumni, spanning 1923 through 1958.
Dates: 1923-1936, 1949-1958
Abstract Dwight St. John Bobb was born on July 19, 1876 in Dakota, Illinois, the son of Daniel Bobb, a physician, and his wife Arminda St. John. The Dwight St. John Bobb and Family Collection fills four boxes and contains material spanning the years 1865 to 2012. The collection is divided into two subsections, Biographical Materials and Photographs and Correspondence.
Dates: 1864 - 2012
Abstract On May 3, 1968 more than 100 undergraduate and graduate students occupied the Bursar's Office, in the first major sit-in experienced at Northwestern University. After the students' April 22nd list of demands were not met, they declared their intention to keep the office occupied until these demands were met. This peaceful 38-hour occupation ended with University leaders negotiating with students, and committing to enhance services and support for Black students related to admissions,...
Dates: 1968 - 2008; Other: Majority of material found within 1968
Abstract The Edith W. Cooke scrapbook spans the years 1907 through 1913 with the bulk of the materials dating from 1910 through 1911. It offers a glimpse into the social life of a young woman on campus during those years, and especially highlights the activities of the Delta Delta Delta sorority. The materials include invitations, dance cards, party favors and name tags from many social events on campus, including those held by the sorority. The scrapbook also contains several pages of calling...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract This collection consists of dance cards from events spanning the years 1903 - 1935. The majority of dance sponsors were fraternities and sororities. However, there are also dance cards from Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Prom in addition.
Dates: 1903-1935, 1944-1949
Abstract The Northwestern University Dance Marathon, commonly known as NUDM, is a philanthropic dance marathon held annually during March in Evanston, Illinois on the campus of Northwestern University. The records of Dance Marathon fill 13 boxes and span the years 1972-2015.
Dates: 1972 - 2015
Abstract Mrs. Claudine V. Mason was appointed Counselor of Women at Northwestern University in 1948. In 1952 the titles of counselor to women and counselor to men were changed to dean, as they have remained since. The records of the Dean of Women, Claudine V. Mason, consist of desk calendars, correspondence, housing, organizations, orientation, public relations, scholastic matters, and speech manuscripts. These materials are accompaniefd by a folder of materials related to the history of the position,...
Abstract This series, filling 128 boxes, consists of records relating to graduates of programs offered by the Northwestern University Dental School, dating between 1901 and 1980.
Abstract The microfiche records date between approximately 1905 and 1995 (indicating the graduating year of the student) and are arranged alphabetically by the surname of the student. Information on the microfiche includes application forms, correspondence, and grade records or transcripts. This information may duplicate Dental School student records held elsewhere in the Archives.
Abstract This series is comprised of Dental School student transcripts dating from the graduation years ca. 1930 through 1988. The series is organized into three components: transcripts for students pursuing the D.D.S. degree, those of students enrolled in graduate (post D.D.S.–degree) dental studies, and those of students pursuing a diploma, certificate, or degree in dental hygiene.
Dates: 1930 - 1988
Abstract The Series is arranged in three subseries: E-10 Seminar Course Papers, files on Masters Degree Candidates who completed their degrees, and files on Ph.D. Candidates.
Abstract The Florence Dickhaut papers are arranged in one half-size box; they the years between 1905 to 1951, but date primarily from 1905 through 1912. Included are a small amount of general biographical materials; a folder of some of Dickhaut's prose and poetry; two scrapbooks documenting her activities and interests while at Northwestern; and four folders of memorabilia such as invitations; tickets; programs from dances, theatrical events, and debates; and other related materials.
Abstract The English Department's records of undergraduate majors fill four boxes and span the years 1981-1989. Some or all of the following items are included in each file: transcripts, grade reports, graduation petitions, correspondence, and lists of unfulfilled major requirements.
Abstract These papers document the career of William Froehlig, known to a generation of Northwestern students as "The Sandwich Man," who paid for his college education by selling snacks to students, and continued the business until his retirement.
Dates: 1959 - 2013; Other: Majority of material found within 1959 - 1971
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The materials in the Alice King Garrison scrapbook date between 1924 and 1929 and document her social and academic life at Northwestern University. Included are many newspaper clippings, photographs, dance cards, printed materials, and other memorabilia.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The materials in the Iva Grace Howard Glazebrook scrapbook date between 1917 and 1920 and document her social life at Northwestern University. Images in the scrapbook include postcards, candid photographs, and figures cut out from photographic prints. They focus mostly on Howard's social environment as well as the scenery on campus.
Abstract Ardis Nadine Kuhnen graduated from Northwestern University with a Bachelor of Science degree (majoring in art) in 1951. Her papers contain art coursework, and information about student life in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The papers include some material related to her father, Arthur Nicholas Kuhnen.
Dates: 1947-1951, n.d.
Abstract History Department records pertaining to graduate students not completing degrees comprise this series which dates from the period ca. 1948-1977. Typically found in the records, though not necessarily in each student's file, are correspondence, transcripts, letters of recommendation, grade reports, examinations, research and dissertation proposals, research papers, evaluations of graduate coursework, applications for admission to degree candidacy, and related documentation concerning graduate...
Dates: ca. 1948-1977
Abstract Thirty-five black-and-white photographs (mostly studio portraits) depict friends and fellow-students of Northwestern alumna Sibyl Horning Long (Liberal Arts 1907). This small collection enhances the Archives’ holdings of photo albums, scrapbooks, and other documents of student life.
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 7
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 6
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 6
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Photographs 3
- Dentists--Training of 3
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 3
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 2
- Student movements 2
- Acting--Study and teaching 1
- African American college students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Civil rights demonstrations--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Attitudes 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social conditions 1
- Dance cards 1
- Dance marathons--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social life and customs 1
- Food trucks--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Graduate students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- History--Study and teaching 1
- Intelligence officers 1
- Nursing students 1
- Oral interpretation--Study and teaching 1
- Part-time employment--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Protest movements 1
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Student strikes 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Yearbooks 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Dental School 3
- Students Publishing Company (Northwestern University) 3
- Mason, Claudine V., 1899-1993 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of History 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Philosophy 2
- Abt, Karl W. 1
- Bobb, Dwight S., 1876-1946 1
- Chapin Hall (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Cooke, Edith Whitcomb, 1888-1975 1
- Dance Marathon (Northwestern University) 1
- Dickhaut, Florence Lillian Smith, 1887-1972 1
- Froehlig, William J., 1926-2018 1
- Garrison, Alice King, 1906-2002 1
- Glazebrook, Iva Grace, 1899-1988 1
- Godeman, Ardis Kuhnen, 1929-2017 1
- Horning, Sibyl, 1884-1977 1
- Howell, James Maurice, 1913-1994 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Luker, Paul Jacob, 1889-1970 1
- Nash, Josie C., 1864-1949 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Admission 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Employees 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Center for Nursing 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1976 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1978 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1981 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Arts and Sciences 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of English 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Interpretation 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library. Personnel Department 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the Registrar 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Commerce--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Task Force on the Undergraduate Experience 1
- Northwestern University Preparatory School--Students 1
- Paddock, Helen Abigail, 1892-1965 1
- Pi Kappa Alpha. Gamma Rho Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Putnam, Karl F. (Karl Fredric), 1879-1960 1
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon 1
- Sims, Lewis Elmer, 1855-1937 1
- Strachan Scriver, Mary, 1939- 1
- Whitney, Myrtle Viola 1
- Women's Educational Aid Association 1
- Zucker, Charles N. (Charles Noye), 1945- 1 ∧ less