Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract After a time in the U.S. Naval Reserve which interrupted his studies, Howard Franklin Bennett returned to Harvard in the spring of 1946. The following autumn he accepted a position as Assistant Professor of Business History at Northwestern University. Bennett re-enlisted in the Naval Reserve in 1951 and served on active duty until 1953 , then in reserve as Commanding Officer of the Naval Air Intelligence Unit at Glenview, Illinois. Bennett attained the rank of Captain in 1960 and retired from...
Abstract Steuart Henderson Britt was born in Fulton, Missouri, on June 16, 1907. In 1957 Britt received a dual appointment at Northwestern University as Professor of Marketing in the School of Commerce and Professor of Advertising in the Medill School of Journalism. In 1971 Britt and one of his former students founded the Britt and Frerichs marketing research firm in Chicago. Throughout his career Britt was a prolific author and editor. The Steuart Henderson Britt Papers comprise ten boxes and...
Abstract In 1945 Russell Cansler joined the faculty of the Northwestern University School of Commerce Secretarial Sciences Department. He served from 1945 to 1951 as Assistant Professor, and from 1951 to 1953 as Associate Professor. In 1961 he organized the School of Business Office of Placement and was the Director of that office until he retired.The Russell N. Cansler Papers, filling two boxes, are arranged into five groups: biographical material; general correspondence; speeches, speech materials and...
Abstract The class rolls for the evening division of the school of commerce document the students in each class.
Abstract The records in this series span the period 1940-1976 and fill three and a half boxes. They consist of course proposals, syllabi, meeting agendas and minutes, interoffice memoranda, course catalog descriptions, and correspondence.
Abstract The papers of Richard Overton (1907-1988; professor of business history) fill 5 boxes and span the years 1940 to 1990, with the bulk of the papers dating between 1942 and 1955. The materials include biographical information; memberships; conferences; Northwestern University's Business History Department; teaching; research; speeches; photographs; professional invitations; publications; Mississippi Valley Historical Association.Biographical materials (1944-1959) include curricula...
Abstract These volumes in this collection consist of bound, typescript lecture materials for courses at Northwestern University's School of Commerce, spanning the years 1914 to 1941. The bulk of material is from 1921 to 1930. The materials consist primarily of lecture notes and outlines, although some volumes include tables, graphs, homework assignments, and collected readings. Courses from all of the School of Commerce's departments are represented. The length of the volumes vary widely, from 30 to 500...
- Business--History--Study and teaching 2
- Advertising--Study and teaching 1
- Business education--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Industrial management--Study and teaching 1
- Railroads--Economic aspects--United States--Study and teaching 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 5
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Business 2
- Bennett, Howard F. (Howard Franklin), 1911-1974 1
- Britt, Steuart Henderson, 1907-1979 1
- Cansler, Russell N., 1909-1995 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Evening Divisions 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Evening Divisions--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Business. Curriculum Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Commerce--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Commerce. Curriculum Committee 1
- Overton, Richard C. (Richard Cleghorn), 1907-1988 1
- United States. Naval Reserve--Officers 1 ∧ less