Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
This collection holds an assortment of items pertaining to the 1949 Rose Bowl football game, which Northwestern University's Wildcats won over the University of California's Golden Bears. Items include media clippings, expense reports, souvenir programs, train menus, and other materials documenting the game, the participation of the NU Marching Band, the trip to and from Los Angeles, and related celebratory events.
This series is composed of 9"x11” cards which record students' academic history during their stay at Northwestern. Each card records an individual student's name, degree (if attained), year of graduation, home address, parents' name, religous affiliation, birth date, school previously attended, and date of admission to Northwestern.
Audio Cassettes Collection consists of 53 boxes of audio recordings dating from 1914-2008, by various creators and relating to various aspects of Northwestern University life and faculty and alumni careers.
This series consists of 32 record cartons (plus additions) of letters of reference for former Northwestern University students. Most of the letters are related to student teaching experience, although some are related to work in speech therapy clinics. A small number of letters pertain to Ph.D. graduates seeking teaching jobs. The date span of the series is approximately 1946-1993.
This compilation documents student movements at Northwestern University between 1978 and 1986 which, in protest of apartheid in South Africa, called for Northwestern to divest from companies with economic ties to South Africa. The compliation consists of clippings, reports, flyers, and other documents from a variety of sources.
The Student Protests and Strikes Collection consists of diverse materials that document political demonstrations and protests organized by students, spanning from August 1965 through October 1979. Each event included in this collection documents a segment of the history of Northwestern students' political activism.
Acquired over decades from a variety of sources, principally Northwestern University’s public relations units and as separations from the manuscript collections of Northwestern faculty and administrators, the photographic negatives in nitrate format date to the period of that format’s popularity, circa 1890 to circa 1950.
This series includes 30 rolls of negatives from photographs taken of the University Library. Most rolls total 36 exposures. The negatives, black and white and on Kodak Tri-X Pan film, are in 35mm format. The photographs, apparently taken during the early 1970s, are mainly of the interior of the University Library although some shots of Deering Library also are included.
The Records of World Wars I and II related to Northwestern University fill two archival boxes and span the years 1914 to 2005. The records are divided into WWI and WWII with the majority of the records relating to WWII. Records document both activities during the Wars and commemorative activities postwar and include information about both general programs and specific individuals.
- Photographs 5
- Student movements 3
- Academic libraries 1
- African American college students 1
- Anti-apartheid movements 1
- Civil rights demonstrations--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College placement services 1
- College students 1
- College students--Rating of 1
- College students--Vocational guidance 1
- Disinvestment--South Africa 1
- Educational evaluation--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Buildings, structures, etc. 1
- Fisk Hall (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Football 1
- Investments, American--South Africa 1
- Library buildings 1
- Protest movements 1
- Student strikes 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- University investments 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 6
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library 3
- Medill School of Journalism 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Sports 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Placement Center 1
- Northwestern Wildcats (Football team) 1
- Rose Bowl (Football game) (1949 : Pasadena, Calif.) 1
- University of California, Berkeley--Football 1 + ∧ less