Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 22
Abstract The Omicron (Northwestern University) chapter of Alpha Epsilon Phi opened on April 2, 1921, the first Midwest outpost of the sorority. This collection consists of three and one-half boxes and five oversized scrapbooks containing mainly photographs, but also including clippings, ephemera, and some correspondence pertaining to the Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority. These materials span the years from 1929 to 1968 but are scattered and mainly represent the chapter's membership, house activities, and...
Abstract The records of the Northwestern University Chapter of the Alpha Pi Zeta sorority contain: constitutions; meeting materials; membership lists; correspondence; and financial receipts.
Abstract Beta Alpha Psi, the national accounting fraternity, organized on February 12, 1919 at the University of Illinois. The Gamma chapter at Northwestern University was established in 1921. This collection of Beta Alpha Psi membership cards fills two boxes and spans the years 1921-1980. Each membership card lists information about one member.
Abstract In April 1991, Northwestern University sorority members founded the Panhellenic Office of Women's Empowerment (emPOWER) to raise awareness of women's issues within Northwestern's sorority system and foster communication between sororities and Northwestern's Women's Center. emPOWER scheduled activities that promoted feminist values and addressed issues such as sexual violence, pornography, and eating disorders. emPOWER acquired a national charter in 1993 and encouraged the establishment of...
Abstract This series consists of the surviving records of the Beta Chapter (Northwestern University) of Eta Sigma Phi, an honorary classics (Greek and Latin) fraternity. The bulk of the records concern the activities of the Beta Chapter in the years 1950-1960.
Abstract This series consists of one volume of financial accounts of twelve fraternities and sixteen sororities at Northwestern University, for the period 1912 to 1938. Fraternities and sororities, while sanctioned by the University, are none the less autonomous fiscal units. The University donated the land for chapter houses and subsidized construction, but the individual chapters and their national affiliations were financially responsible for the houses. In addition, the University maintained...
Abstract Mayde Joss served as housemother for Northwestern's chapter of Phi Delta Theta, a fraternity located the campus of Northwestern University, from 1947 to 1973. The Mayde Joss collection consists of 33 small format black-and-white photographic prints and 13 35mm color slides. The photographs appear to date from the late 1940s or early 1950s, Joss’s early years as housemother for Phi Delta Theta fraternity.
Dates: circa late 1940s-early 1950s
Abstract The series consists of a book of minutes, a few pages of loose-leaf records, and sheet music of the Northwestern University chapter, named for Louis D. Brandeis, of Nu Beta Epsilon.
Abstract Collection consists of the records of the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, dating from 1963 to 2013, including organizational records of individual sororities and fraternities, records of the Panhellenic Association, recruitment records, records of Greek housing and residential life, and files on inter-chapter issues and activities.
Abstract This series, filling two boxes, spans the dates 1913 to 1998, with the bulk of the records dating between 1970 and 1985. Materials included cover organizational records, clippings, minutes, activity records, publications, and records related to Student Government.
Dates: 1913 - 1998; Other: Majority of material found within 1970 - 1985
Abstract The series is made up of the surviving records of the Alpha Chapter of Phi Beta fraternity. Most of the records date from the period 1960-1973. Included are budgetary and financial records; rosters of fraternity chapters and of Alpha Chapter officers; procedural guides and handbooks; clippings; a few copies of constitutions and bylaws; a small amount of correspondence; materials relating to chapter-sponsored projects, musical revues and performances; and records pertaining to chapter patrons.
Dates: 1912-1980, and undated
Abstract The series of records, 1887-1969, of the Alpha of Illinois chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa Society, comprising fourteen boxes, includes eleven boxes of chapter records, one of national activities, one of materials pertaining to other chapters, and one of Phi Beta Kappa publications. The Alpha of Illinois chapter records contains an extremely comprehensive file of constitutions and by-laws, meeting minutes, correspondence, financial records, and member listings. National activity materials include...
Dates: Other: Majority of material found within 1900 - 1970
Abstract Phi Delta Kappa is a professional fraternity for graduates in the field of education. The records are contained in four and one-half archival boxes dating from 1917 to 1952. The series is comprised of applications for membership to the Upsilon chapter. Information cards listing the year of initiation and/or transfer of the applicant to the chapter are commonly found where applications are missing.
Abstract This series consists of two boxes of the records of the Gamma Chapter of Phi Epsilon Pi Fraternity. Most of the records are concerned with various functions of the fraternity's alumni board of directors between 1971 and 1975.
Abstract The Iota Chapter of music fraternity Phi Mu Alpha (Sinfonia) was formed at Northwestern University in 1910, and continues today. The two volumes of Minute Books document the early years of the organization.
Dates: 1910-1914, 1921-1929; Other: Date acquired: 02/11/1990
Abstract This series, filling one box, is comprised primarily of the records of the Society's corresponding secretary, Professor Alphonse Roche. The records span the years 1938-1956, with the bulk of the material between 1938 and 1952.
Abstract This series consists of the records of the Northwestern University Chapter (Gamma Rho) of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. The records reflect the day-to-day activities of the fraternity, especially its financial transactions and social functions. Included among the records are correspondence, financial records, membership lists, minutes of meetings, publications of both the chapter and the national fraternity, and newspaper clippings. Also present are chapter histories for the years 1964-65,...
Abstract Pi Kappa Lambda, a national honor society in music, was founded in 1918 at Northwestern University. The mission of the Society as stated in 1918 was to promote “high scholarship in musical institutions and to give recognition to students of marked ability that have maintained a consistently high record in their work.” It is today one of the largest national honor societies in music, with 181 chapters. The records of Pi Kappa Lambda span the dates 1918 to 2003. The bulk of the materials date...
Dates: 1918 - 2003; Other: Majority of material found within 1984 - 2000
Abstract This series consists of four boxes of records of the Northwestern University Chapter of Sigma Delta Chi Fraternity. The records, covering the years 1924-1953, include correspondence, financial records, membership listings, and four disassembled scrapbooks of materials pertaining to chapter activities.
Abstract The records of the Tau Beta Pi Illinois Gamma Chapter and its predecessor Tau Beta are housed in four boxes and two card files and span the years 1929 to 2003. While the bulk of the records relate to membership, the historical, correspondence, and projects records document the course and achievements of the organization. Records related to the Chapter's organizational governance include bylaws, procedures, and rituals. The President's Book and Chapter Operations Manual give a clear picture...
- College students--Societies and clubs 3
- Music--Societies, etc. 3
- Women college students--Societies and clubs 2
- Accounting--Societies, etc. 1
- Classical literature--Study and teaching 1
- College students 1
- College students--Conduct of life 1
- Education--Study and teaching 1
- Engineering--Societies, etc. 1
- Feminism--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Feminism--Societies, etc. 1
- French language--Study and teaching--English speakers 1
- Greek letter societies--Finance 1
- Journalism--Societies, etc. 1
- Law--Societies, etc. 1
- Oratory--Societies, etc. 1
- Social sciences--Societies, etc. 1
- Speech--Societies, etc. 1
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Theater--Societies, etc. 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs 2
- Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Alpha Pi Zeta. Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Beta Alpha Psi. Gamma Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Eta Sigma Phi. Beta Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Joss, Mayde, 1900-1987 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Panhellenic Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Treasurer 1
- Nu Beta Epsilon. Brandeis Chapter (Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Phi Beta Kappa. Alpha of Illinois (Northwestern University) 1
- Phi Beta. Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Phi Delta Kappa. Upsilon Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. Illinois Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Phi Epsilon Pi. Gamma Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America. Iota Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Phi Sigma Iota. Phi Epsilon Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Pi Kappa Alpha. Gamma Rho Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Pi Kappa Lambda. Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Sigma Delta Chi. Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Tau Beta (Honor society : Northwestern University) 1
- Tau Beta Pi. Illinois Gamma Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Wallace, Ralph C. J., 1883-1963 1
- Zeta Beta Tau (Fraternity) 1
- Zeta Phi Eta 1
- emPower (Organization : Evanston, Ill.) 1 ∧ less