Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Abstract The records of the Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research (CUAPR), filling three boxes, document theCenter's involvement in the planning of the proposed 1992 Chicago World's Fair. Most of the records reflect Louis Masotti's involvement in the planning process. Records date from 1977 to 1985, with the bulk of the materials falling between 1984 and 1985. While many of the reports and most of the newspaper clippings collected by CUAPR are not directly connected with the Center or with Dr....
Dates: 1977 - 1985; Other: Majority of material found within 1984 - 1985
Abstract The Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research at Northwestern University was founded in September of 1968 with a grant of $700,000 from the Ford Foundation. The bulk of the Center’s research dealt with social policy and its effects on the people, communities, and institutions that utilize it. In September, 1996, the Center’s name was changed to the Institute for Policy Research.
Dates: 1970 - 1995
Abstract Conquergood received his Ph.D. in Performance Studies from Northwestern University in 1977 and served as an Assistant Professor of Rhetoric and Communication at The State University of New York in Binghamton for a year before returning to Northwestern to teach in 1983. He remained at Northwestern until his death in 2004. His research focused on marginalized societies and refugee groups, as well as the implications, purpose and rituals of the death penalty in/on American society. The Dwight...
Dates: 1974-2005; Other: Majority of material found within 1980-2002
Abstract Donald Haider (professor at Northwestern University's Kellogg Graduate School of Management) ran for mayor of the City of Chicago in 1987. His papers include biographical materials, academic publications, and material relating to Haider's mayoral campaign (the bulk of the collection).
Dates: 1961-2007; Other: Date acquired: 03/11/2015
Abstract American journalist Eric R. Lund was born to Swedish immigrants on November 1, 1925 in Chicago, Illinois. Lund attended Northwestern University 1942-1949 (B.S. in journalism). Lund worked primarily at the Evanston review and Chicago daily news. After the latter paper ceased publication, Lund undertook a number of research and editing projects. The Eric R. Lund papers cover Lund’s ancestry and life, including both his professional...
Dates: 1900 - 2006
Abstract The Northwestern Club of Chicago (founded in 1919 as the Northwestern University Club of Chicago), is the largest and most active of Northwestern Unviersity's alumni clubs. The records of the Northwestern Club of Chicago, covedring the years 1947-1976, include copies of the By Laws and Objectives; records of the Membership Committee; records of the Alumni Directory Committee; records of the Board of Directors; General Correspondence; Financial Records; records of the Program Committee; records...
Abstract The collection consists of 100 glass transparency slides (3.25 x 4 inches), also known as magic lantern slides, divided into two thematic clusters, dating from the turn of the 20th century, and identified with the Northwestern University Settlement.
Dates: 1891 - 1920
Abstract The photographs in this series document the Northwestern University Settlement Association from 1890 — 1991. Prints as well as safety film negatives are included. This collection includes many of the photographs that appear in The Worn Doorstep by Mark Wukas.
Abstract Belle and Charles Raddin’s four scrapbooks include one of personal material and three containing clippings, images and souvenir items relating to the 1893 World’s Columbian Exposition, a world’s fair held at Chicago, Illinois.
Dates: 1878 - 1912; Other: Majority of material found in 1893
Abstract Northwestern University alumnus James (Jim) S. Roberts studied history and took photographs during a tumultuous time on and off the campus. His photos (prints, color slides, and black-and-white negatives) include depictions of anti-war events such as the November 15, 1969 Moratorium march on Washington, D.C. and the May, 1970 strike at Northwestern University, as well as scenes from Cuernavaca, Mexico, and general student activities at Northwestern.
Dates: 1968 - 1972
Abstract The Kenneth and Catherine Stilwell Papers include material dating from the period 1935-1950, reflecting their time as students at Northwestern.
Dates: 1935 - 1950
- Chicago (Ill.) 4
- Evanston (Ill.) 3
- Chicago (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century--Research 2
- Social settlements 2
- Buildings--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Description and travel 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Exhibitions--Planning 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Intellectual life 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Politics and government--1951- 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Social conditions--19th century 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Chicago (Ill.)--Social life and customs 1
- Cities and towns--Research 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Englewood (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Ethnology--Study and teaching 1
- Gangs 1
- Hmong (Asian people) 1
- Journalism 1
- Letters to the editor 1
- Management--Study and teaching 1
- Mayors--Election 1
- Mexico 1
- Political campaigns 1
- San Francisco (Calif.)--Description and travel 1
- Social policy--Research 1
- Swedish Americans 1
- United States 1
- United States--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 1
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Japan 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Center for Urban Affairs and Policy Research 2
- Northwestern University Settlement (Chicago, Ill.) 2
- Art Institute of Chicago 1
- Chicago World's Fair--1992 Authority 1
- Chicago daily news 1
- Conquergood, Lorne Dwight, 1949-2004 1
- Evanston review 1
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Chicago 1
- Haider, Donald H. 1
- J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management--Faculty 1
- Lund, Eric R. (Eric Rudolph) 1
- Lund, Florence, -1989 1
- Lundin, Frederick, 1868-1947 1
- Masotti, Louis H. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Performance Studies 1
- Northwestern University Club of Chicago 1
- Raddin, Belle Alling, 1864-1930 1
- Raddin, Charles S. (Charles Salisbury), 1863-1930 1
- Roberts, James S. 1
- Stilwell, Catherine A., 1915-2009 1
- Stilwell, Kenneth R., 1912-2003 1
- World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- World's Columbian Exposition (1893 : Chicago, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- World's Fair (1992 : Chicago, Ill.) 1 ∧ less