Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 108
Abstract Marjorie May Cowan obtained a B.S. degree in Liberal Arts from Northwestern University in 1933. A member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority, she was active in campus activities and social affairs. Her papers are contained in one half-size box and date from 1929-1934, 1949, and 1984. The bulk of the papers consists of Cowan's diaries. During the years 1932 through 1934 she kept detailed accounts of her social and academic activities and interests.
Abstract Schoolteacher Blanche Grigson Croxton attended Northwestern University from 1902 through 1906. The Blanche Grigson Croxton Papers comprise one half-size box containing one scrapbook. The scrapbook consists of thirty - six “boards,” mounted on both sides of which is Mrs. Croxton's history of her class, the class of 1906.
Abstract The Jack Cvercko Papers fill two boxes, with the majority of the collection relating to Cvercko’s years and accomplishments as a football player at Northwestern, and the 1962 and 1963 seasons in particular.
Dates: 1960 - 1998
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract This collection consists of dance cards from events spanning the years 1903 - 1935. The majority of dance sponsors were fraternities and sororities. However, there are also dance cards from Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Prom in addition.
Dates: 1903-1935, 1944-1949
Abstract Mrs. Claudine V. Mason was appointed Counselor of Women at Northwestern University in 1948. In 1952 the titles of counselor to women and counselor to men were changed to dean, as they have remained since. The records of the Dean of Women, Claudine V. Mason, consist of desk calendars, correspondence, housing, organizations, orientation, public relations, scholastic matters, and speech manuscripts. These materials are accompaniefd by a folder of materials related to the history of the position,...
Abstract The Florence Dickhaut papers are arranged in one half-size box; they the years between 1905 to 1951, but date primarily from 1905 through 1912. Included are a small amount of general biographical materials; a folder of some of Dickhaut's prose and poetry; two scrapbooks documenting her activities and interests while at Northwestern; and four folders of memorabilia such as invitations; tickets; programs from dances, theatrical events, and debates; and other related materials.
Abstract The Genieve L. Doering Student Handbook provides a unique and very personal view of student life at Northwestern in the early 20th century. Each year, Northwestern University students received a Student Handbook—a small (3 x 5) cloth-bound book, published by the campus University Christian Associations. The Handbooks comprised an introductory message from President Walter Dill Scott, information regarding Northwestern's campus, history, and organizations, as well as a substantial quantity of...
Abstract The collection documents Tommy Doles’s academic and athletic achievements at Northwestern University. Materials date between 2014 and 2019.
Dates: 2014 - 2019
Abstract Edith Capper Eustice (1877-1953) was a member of the Northwestern class of 1903, attending under the name Edith Capper. The collection consists of a facsimile copy of Eustice’s scrapbook, dating from the period circa 1903-1910.
Dates: circa 1903-1910
Abstract George Alfred Foster (1859-1922) attended Northwestern University Academy and graduated from Northwestern University with a bachelor of arts degree in 1881. His papers consist of photographs, a reunion program, and an autograph book which includes signatures of Northwestern University Academy classmates and associates.
Dates: 1877 - 1906
Abstract The scrapbooks of Leila Foster (Bachelor of Business, 1950; J.D., 1953; Master of Divinity, 1964; Ph.D., 1966; all from Northwestern University) illuminate the life of an undergraduate university student in the years following World War II. Ephemera and form letters are interspersed with personal correspondence and other personal documents.The series consists of three scrapbooks, from Foster's first three academic years at Northwestern: 1946/1947, 1947/1948 and 1948/1949.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The materials in the Alice King Garrison scrapbook date between 1924 and 1929 and document her social and academic life at Northwestern University. Included are many newspaper clippings, photographs, dance cards, printed materials, and other memorabilia.
Abstract Lawyer, law professor and poet Barry Gilbert obtained an A.B. degree (1898) and an LL.B. (1901) from Northwestern University. Reader and actress Mary Ramage Peterson graduated from the Cumnock School of Oratory at Northwestern University in 1897, and received a post-graduate degree in 1898 (Speech). They were married in 1901. Their papers are contained in one half-size archival box containing four folders. They consist of three bound volumes (two typewritten and one handwritten), containing...
Abstract The Daisy M. Girton Papers include one folder of biographical materials and Girton's diaries for the years 1901 through 1905. The diaries, constituting the bulk of the series, were written for the most part during Daisy's tenure at Northwestern.
Abstract Ardis Nadine Kuhnen graduated from Northwestern University with a Bachelor of Science degree (majoring in art) in 1951. Her papers contain art coursework, and information about student life in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The papers include some material related to her father, Arthur Nicholas Kuhnen.
Dates: 1947-1951, n.d.
Abstract The Lillian E. Hawley Scrapbook consists of several loose pages (perhaps removed from a larger scrapbook) that document her years at Northwestern. The pages include ribbons, seals, and invitations, all of which attest to her involvement in various campus organizations and her attendance at events such as performances and dinners. Hawley also saved the receipts for her tuition payments to Northwestern; her room and board payments for Pearsons Hall; and her class dues and her dues to the Laurean...
Item — Box: 1
Scope and Contents The scrapbook of Florence Emerson Herbert Heffley affords a colorful view of student life, particularly the social and cultural activities of a very engaged student at Northwestern University during the period 1909-1911. Two additional pieces of correspondence found within the scrapbook date from 1924 and 1949. Included in the scrapbook are an array of sorority rush memorabilia; dance cards; banquet menus; ephemera; photographs; newspaper clippings and other records pertaining to...
Dates: 1909-1911, 1924, 1949
Abstract Hermit and Crow was an all-male theatre organization that was active at Northwestern University from 1914 until roughly 1924. The Hermit and Crow Collection is a sparse aggregation of all materials relating to the group from the Northwestern University Archives general files. The collection is predominantly clippings from various newspapers, clippings from the Northwestern yearbook (Syllabus), and songbooks and programs from the group's shows.
Dates: 1914 - 1971; Other: Majority of material found within 1914 - 1925
Abstract Over 150 photographic prints (mostly 4x6 cabinet size, mounted on cardstock) taken by noted Evanston, Illinois, photographer Alexander Hesler, dating circa 1870-1887 and depicting Northwestern University faculty, students, and buildings. The collection includes 2 copies of the published volume Photographic Views of Picturesque Evanston (1887).
Ralf-Finn Hestoft (Photographer) Photographs of Students, Faculty, Staff, Campus Events, and Scenes on and Off Campus
Abstract This series consists of ninety-eight contact sheets printed from thousands of Ralf-Finn Hestoft's 35mm black-and-white negatives of photographs taken during 1979 and 1980 for the Daily Northwestern and the Northwestern University Syllabus yearbook. The photographs show students (informal photographs and portraits); faculty, staff, and administrators; campus scenes and events, athletics and speakers; and off-campus scenes.
- Subject: College students--Illinois--Evanston X
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 62
- Photographs 35
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 30
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 21
- College student government--Illinois--Evanston 6
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 6
- Greek letter societies 5
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 5
- College students--Social life and customs 4
- Football players 4
- African American college students 2
- College musicals 2
- Evanston (Ill.) 2
- Acting--Study and teaching 1
- Actors 1
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American engineers 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American student movements 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- Dance cards 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Engineering students 1
- Environmentalism 1
- Football 1
- Graduate students--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Improvisation (Acting) 1
- Lawyers 1
- Literature--Societies, etc. 1
- Musicals 1
- Pollution 1
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Student aid 1
- Student movements 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women college students--Religious life 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 49
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 28
- Syllabus (Evanston, Ill.) 14
- Northwestern Alumni Association 8
- Students Publishing Company (Northwestern University) 5
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Yearbooks 4
- Northwestern Wildcats (Football team) 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Football 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1981 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of University Relations 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Waa-Mu Show 2
- Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Baker, Frank Louis, 1909-1985 1
- Bauman, Alfred Ernest, 1920-1979 1
- Bixby, James L., 1921-2002 1
- Boyd, Elisabeth Blossom 1
- Bragdon, Sara Frances, 1886-1957 1
- Buettner, Virginia, 1917-2004 1
- Cooke, Edith Whitcomb, 1888-1975 1
- Coon, Owen L., 1894-1948 1
- Croxton, Blanche Grigson, 1883-1969 1
- Cvercko, Jack, 1941- 1
- Dickhaut, Florence Lillian Smith, 1887-1972 1
- Doering, Genieve Linda, 1904-1979 1
- Doles, Tommy, 1995- 1
- Eustice, Edith Capper, 1877-1953 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Foster, George Alfred, 1859-1922 1
- Foster, Leila Merrell 1
- Garrison, Alice King, 1906-2002 1
- Geisler, Marjorie Cowan, 1911-2012 1
- Gilbert, Barry, 1876-1961 1
- Gilbert, Mary Ramage Peterson, 1876-1954 1
- Girton, Daisy Myrtle, 1880-1963 1
- Godeman, Ardis Kuhnen, 1929-2017 1
- Grannis, Macha Vance, 1882-1970 1
- Grubb, Ethel Robinson, 1890-1975 1
- Hawley, Lillian Emeline, 1887-1970 1
- Heffley, Florence Emerson, 1889-1977 1
- Hermit and Crow 1
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Hestoft, Ralf-Finn 1
- Hobart, Elizabeth, 1891-1980 1
- Howell, James Maurice, 1913-1994 1
- Hurrey, Charles DuBois, 1878-1958 1
- Joss, Mayde, 1900-1987 1
- Kahan, Susan, 1946- 1
- Kay, Livonia Ruth, 1867-1949 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Mason, Claudine V., 1899-1993 1
- Mee-Ow Show (Northwestern University) 1
- Mortar Board (Society). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- NU Outing Club 1
- Nash, Josie C., 1864-1949 1
- National High School Institute--Students 1
- National Society of Black Engineers (U.S.) 1
- National Society of Black Engineers (U.S.). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- North-Western Female College 1
- Northwestern Students for a Better Environment 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Sports 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Associated Student Government 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1976 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1978 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Division of Student Affairs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Evening Student Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Interhouse Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Men's Interhouse Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the Registrar 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Panhellenic Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Student Governing Board 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Student Senate 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Task Force on the Undergraduate Experience 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Self-Government Association 1
- Northwestern University Academy 1
- Paddock, Helen Abigail, 1892-1965 1
- Paterson, Eva 1
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. Illinois Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Philomathia Society 1
- Pressman, Lawrence 1
- Price, Nancy Ellen Rennick 1
- Putnam, Karl F. (Karl Fredric), 1879-1960 1
- Rachwalski, Michael M. (Michael Matthew), 1901-1987 1
- Reynolds, Eva Jane, 1885-1933 1
- Rogers Debating Society 1
- Rostker, Patricia Murphey, 1921-2011 1
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon 1
- Steen, Richard E., 1915-2002 1
- Sternfeld, Edith A. (Edith Alice), 1898-1990 1
- Stilwell, Catherine A., 1915-2009 1
- Stilwell, Kenneth R., 1912-2003 1
- Strachan Scriver, Mary, 1939- 1 ∧ less