Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 114
Abstract This three-box series is comprised of photographs of most of the freshman members of the Northwestern University class of 1991. The photographs, for the most part wallet-size color prints and portraits, appeared in the booklet, “Class of 1991,” published for incoming freshmen by the Northwestern University Department of Alumni Relations. Nearly all of the photographs are contained individually in envelopes on which the following information is recorded: student's name, address, hobbies or...
Abstract This series, arranged in one and one-half boxes, is comprised of photographs of most of the freshman members of the Northwestern University class of 1992. The photographs, generally wallet-size color snapshots and portraits, appeared in published from in the booklet, “Class of 1992,” issued for incoming freshmen by the University's Department of Alumni Relations. The photographs usually are identified on the reverse by individual's name and home address.
Abstract This series incorporates 27 albums of class photographic portraits dating between the years 1874 and 1888. Albums feature portraits of members of a given year's Northwestern University senior class, typically from the College of Liberal Arts, although all members of a class are not necessarily represented in any single volume. Also commonly found in the albums are portraits of Northwestern faculty and administrators, landscapes of Northwestern's Evanston Campus, and photographs of building...
Abstract The Edith W. Cooke scrapbook spans the years 1907 through 1913 with the bulk of the materials dating from 1910 through 1911. It offers a glimpse into the social life of a young woman on campus during those years, and especially highlights the activities of the Delta Delta Delta sorority. The materials include invitations, dance cards, party favors and name tags from many social events on campus, including those held by the sorority. The scrapbook also contains several pages of calling...
Abstract The Owen L. Coon Scrapbook began as a record of Coon's years at Northwestern University. Nearly half of the scrapbook does document Coon's college life between 1912 and 1919. However, the balance of the scrapbook is filled with clippings, photographs, and ephemera that precede and postdate Coon's Northwestern years—including items from Coon's youth in Rantoul and from his travels in Europe, as well as general Coon family photographs and memorabilia.
Abstract Marjorie May Cowan obtained a B.S. degree in Liberal Arts from Northwestern University in 1933. A member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority, she was active in campus activities and social affairs. Her papers are contained in one half-size box and date from 1929-1934, 1949, and 1984. The bulk of the papers consists of Cowan's diaries. During the years 1932 through 1934 she kept detailed accounts of her social and academic activities and interests.
Abstract Schoolteacher Blanche Grigson Croxton attended Northwestern University from 1902 through 1906. The Blanche Grigson Croxton Papers comprise one half-size box containing one scrapbook. The scrapbook consists of thirty - six “boards,” mounted on both sides of which is Mrs. Croxton's history of her class, the class of 1906.
Abstract This collection consists of dance cards from events spanning the years 1903 - 1935. The majority of dance sponsors were fraternities and sororities. However, there are also dance cards from Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Prom in addition.
Abstract This series is comprised of the General Files maintained by Joe W. Miller, Dean of Special Events, which span the period from 1943 to 1976, although the bulk of the records emanated from the latter part of 1960's and early 1970's. The records are arranged according to three broad categories: General Subject Files, Schools, Departments and Buildings and Student Activities and Organizations.
Abstract Mrs. Claudine V. Mason was appointed Counselor of Women at Northwestern University in 1948. In 1952 the titles of counselor to women and counselor to men were changed to dean, as they have remained since. The records of the Dean of Women, Claudine V. Mason, consist of desk calendars, correspondence, housing, organizations, orientation, public relations, scholastic matters, and speech manuscripts. These materials are accompaniefd by a folder of materials related to the history of the position,...
Abstract The Records of the Department of African American Student Affairs (AASA), filling three boxes and spanning the years 1966 to 2001, contain valuable information on the development of the Black community at Northwestern University. The bulk of the records consist of historical information and materials relating to organizations, programs, and events under the sponsorship of the office.The Historical Records of the Office of African American Student Affairs (AASA) date from ca. 1968...
Abstract The Florence Dickhaut papers are arranged in one half-size box; they the years between 1905 to 1951, but date primarily from 1905 through 1912. Included are a small amount of general biographical materials; a folder of some of Dickhaut's prose and poetry; two scrapbooks documenting her activities and interests while at Northwestern; and four folders of memorabilia such as invitations; tickets; programs from dances, theatrical events, and debates; and other related materials.
Abstract The Genieve L. Doering Student Handbook provides a unique and very personal view of student life at Northwestern in the early 20th century. Each year, Northwestern University students received a Student Handbook—a small (3 x 5) cloth-bound book, published by the campus University Christian Associations. The Handbooks comprised an introductory message from President Walter Dill Scott, information regarding Northwestern's campus, history, and organizations, as well as a substantial quantity of...
Abstract The scrapbooks of Leila Foster (Bachelor of Business, 1950; J.D., 1953; Master of Divinity, 1964; Ph.D., 1966; all from Northwestern University) illuminate the life of an undergraduate university student in the years following World War II. Ephemera and form letters are interspersed with personal correspondence and other personal documents.The series consists of three scrapbooks, from Foster's first three academic years at Northwestern: 1946/1947, 1947/1948 and 1948/1949.
Abstract This series consists of one volume of financial accounts of twelve fraternities and sixteen sororities at Northwestern University, for the period 1912 to 1938. Fraternities and sororities, while sanctioned by the University, are none the less autonomous fiscal units. The University donated the land for chapter houses and subsidized construction, but the individual chapters and their national affiliations were financially responsible for the houses. In addition, the University maintained...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The materials in the Alice King Garrison scrapbook date between 1924 and 1929 and document her social and academic life at Northwestern University. Included are many newspaper clippings, photographs, dance cards, printed materials, and other memorabilia.
Abstract Lawyer, law professor and poet Barry Gilbert obtained an A.B. degree (1898) and an LL.B. (1901) from Northwestern University. Reader and actress Mary Ramage Peterson graduated from the Cumnock School of Oratory at Northwestern University in 1897, and received a post-graduate degree in 1898 (Speech). They were married in 1901. Their papers are contained in one half-size archival box containing four folders. They consist of three bound volumes (two typewritten and one handwritten), containing...
Abstract The Daisy M. Girton Papers include one folder of biographical materials and Girton's diaries for the years 1901 through 1905. The diaries, constituting the bulk of the series, were written for the most part during Daisy's tenure at Northwestern.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The materials in the Iva Grace Howard Glazebrook scrapbook date between 1917 and 1920 and document her social life at Northwestern University. Images in the scrapbook include postcards, candid photographs, and figures cut out from photographic prints. They focus mostly on Howard's social environment as well as the scenery on campus.
Overview Ardis Nadine Kuhnen graduated from Northwestern University with a Bachelor of Science degree (majoring in art) in 1951. Her papers contain art coursework, and information about student life in the late 1940s and early 1950s. The papers include some material related to her father, Arthur Nicholas Kuhnen.
- Subject: College students--Illinois--Evanston X
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Photographs 30
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 20
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 20
- Syllabus (Evanston, Ill.) 15
- Northwestern Alumni Association 7
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Registers 6
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Yearbooks 5
- Students Publishing Company (Northwestern University) 5
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Photographs 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Photographs 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings--Photographs 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Football 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1981 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of University Relations 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Treasurer 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Waa-Mu Show 2
- Northwestern Wildcats (Football team) 2
- Woman's College of Northwestern University 2
- Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Avery, James Edward, 1949-1999 1
- Baker, Frank Louis, 1909-1985 1
- Bauman, Alfred Ernest, 1920-1979 1
- Bixby, James L., 1921-2002 1
- Bobb, Dwight S., 1876-1946 1
- Boyd, Elisabeth Blossom 1
- Bragdon, Sara Frances, 1886-1957 1
- Buettner, Virginia, 1917-2004 1
- Buntain, C. M. Clay (Cassius Marcus Clay), 1876-1927 1
- Cooke, Edith Whitcomb, 1888-1975 1
- Coon, Owen L., 1894-1948 1
- Croxton, Blanche Grigson, 1883-1969 1
- Dickhaut, Florence Lillian Smith, 1887-1972 1
- Doering, Genieve Linda, 1904-1980 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Foster, Leila Merrell 1
- Garrison, Alice King, 1906-2002 1
- Geisler, Marjorie Cowan, 1911-2012 1
- Gilbert, Barry, 1876-1961 1
- Gilbert, Mary Ramage Peterson, 1876-1954 1
- Girton, Daisy Myrtle, 1880-1963 1
- Glazebrook, Iva Grace, 1899-1988 1
- Godeman, Ardis Kuhnen, 1929-2017 1
- Grannis, Macha Vance, 1882-1970 1
- Grubb, Ethel Robinson, 1890-1975 1
- Hawley, Lillian Emeline, 1887-1970 1
- Hermit and Crow 1
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Hestoft, Ralf-Finn 1
- Hobart, Elizabeth, 1891-1980 1
- Howell, James Maurice, 1913-1994 1
- Hurrey, Charles DuBois, 1878-1958 1
- Joss, Mayde, 1900-1987 1
- Kay, Livonia Ruth, 1867-1949 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Luker, Paul Jacob, 1889-1970 1
- Mason, Claudine V., 1899-1993 1
- Mee-Ow Show (Northwestern University) 1
- Miller, Joseph Willard, 1906-1979 1
- Mortar Board (Society). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- NU Outing Club 1
- Nash, Josie C., 1864-1949 1
- North-Western Female College 1
- Northwestern Hillel 1
- Northwestern Students for a Better Environment 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Funds and scholarships 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Associated Student Government 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Board of Personnel Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1976 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Class of 1978 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of African American Student Affairs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Minority Student Affairs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Division of Student Affairs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Evening Student Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Interhouse Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Men's Interhouse Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Naval Reserve Officers' Training Corps--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of Student Guidance and Counseling 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the Registrar 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the University Chaplains 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Panhellenic Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Student Governing Board 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Student Senate 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Task Force on the Undergraduate Experience 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Self-Government Association 1
- Northwestern University Black-Wimmin in Action 1
- Paddock, Helen Abigail, 1892-1965 1
- Phi Delta Theta Fraternity. Illinois Alpha Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Philomathia Society 1
- Pressman, Lawrence 1
- Price, Nancy Ellen Rennick 1
- Putnam, Karl F. (Karl Fredric), 1879-1960 1
- Rachwalski, Michael M. (Michael Matthew), 1901-1987 1
- Reynolds, Eva Jane, 1885-1933 1 ∧ less