Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The collection contains concert programs, lecture notes, biographical materials on Edward Clark and Elisabeth Lutyens, notebooks, photographs, and a certificate of award. There are groups of materials focused on organizations with which Clark was associated, and materials related to Clark's slander lawsuit against composer Benjamin Frankel.
The Michael Costa correspondence collection is comprised primarily of letters to nineteenth-century Italian-born British conductor and composer Michael Costa (1808-1884) covering his personal and professional life from 1846-1884 and the years following his death until 1909. The collection also includes a few contracts, receipts, documents, photographs and artefacts related to Costa.
This collection comprises 146 boxes, containing records of the Northwestern band program from 1917 to 2007. The band program began in 1926 with the first Northwestern Director of Bands, Glenn Cliffe Bainum. After Bainum’s tenure as Director of Bands, the next person to take that position was John Philip Paynter. Mallory Thompson took over the band program as Northwestern’s third Director of Bands and holds that position as of 2022.
Conductor Fritz Reiner's correspondence collection includes both personal and business correspondence, including letters to family, friends, and fans, and papers regarding his work with the Curtis Institute of Music and the Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Chicago Symphony Orchestras. Carlotta Reiner's correspondence is also heavily represented.
- Subject: Conductors (Music) X
- Music Library 3
- Northwestern University Archives 1
- Band directors 1
- Composers--England 1
- Concert agents 1
- Music--Great Britain--20th century 1
- American Bandmasters Association 1
- Association of British Musicians 1
- Bainum, Glenn Cliffe 1
- British Broadcasting Corporation 1
- Chicago Symphony Orchestra 1
- Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra 1
- Clark, Edward, 1888-1962 1
- College Band Directors National Association 1
- Costa, Michael, 1808-1884 1
- Curtis Institute of Music 1
- Frankel, Benjamin 1
- International Society for Contemporary Music 1
- Lutyens, Elisabeth, 1906-1983 1
- North East Regional Orchestra 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Marching Band 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Symphonic Wind Ensemble 1
- Paynter, John P. 1
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra 1
- RCA Victor Records 1
- Reiner, Carlotta, 1899-1983 1
- Reiner, Fritz, 1888-1963 1 + ∧ less