Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
The records in this series span the years 1941 to 1949 and document J. Roscoe Miller's administration of the Northwestern University Medical School before and during the Second World War. Within the collection of correspondence, there is contact with students, staff, other Medical Schools, doctors, Trustees, University Administrators, Hospitals, municipal officials, and various organizations. The records illuminate Miller's tenure as Assistant Dean and as Dean.
The records of the Clarence Ver Steeg cover the years 1945 to 1987; with the bulk involving Ver Steeg's tenure as Dean of Northwestern University's Graduate School (1976-1987). A few records predating or subsequent to Ver Steeg's Deanship are included.
The Records of the Medical School Dean, Arthur R. Edwards, consist of one box, spanning the years 1905 to 1912. The bulk of the records consists of correspondence to and from Dean Edwards. Also included are documents relating to faculty appointments and correspondence from the Junior Dean, W.S. Hall, a physiologist who was the first professor to hold the Nathan Smith Davis Professorship. The records are divided into two subseries, Correspondence and Faculty.
These records of the deans of the Northwestern University Medical School date from 1956 through 1994. Including both incoming and outgoing correspondence, reports, and other forms of documentation, they are divided into five subseries: general files, committee files, departmental files, files relating to hospitals affiliated with the Medical School, and files pertaining to the Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation.
Sociologist, educator, and university dean and vice president, James P. Pitts (1944- ) received his B.A. in Political Science and M.A., and Ph.D. in Sociology from Northwestern University. His papers fill 7 boxes, and span the years 1961 to 2013. Composed of newspaper clippings, press releases, curricula vitae, correspondences, and published work, the papers contain Pitts' writings, awards, and a scrapbook and jersey from his time at Northwestern.
- Subject: Deans (Education) X
- African American college athletes 1
- African American college students 1
- Baseball 1
- Baseball players 1
- Basketball 1
- Basketball players 1
- College athletes 1
- College students 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Women college students 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School 5
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 2
- Chandler, B. J. (Bobby Joe), 1921-1990 1
- Eckenhoff, James E. 1
- Edwards, Arthur R. (Arthur Robin), 1867-1936 1
- Mason, Claudine V., 1899-1993 1
- Miller, J. Roscoe (James Roscoe), 1905-1977 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Sports 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Sociology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Graduate School 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Education 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Education. Office of the Dean 1
- Northwestern Wildcats (Basketball team) 1
- Pitts, James P., 1944- 1
- Ver Steeg, Clarence L. (Clarence Lester), 1922-2007 1
- Young, Richard H., 1905-1970 1 + ∧ less