Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
The Anti-Vietnam War Strike Materials Collection comprises a diverse assortment of documents and other materials relating to the University-wide strike that took place over a seven day period in May of 1970. The collection of newspaper clippings, press releases, flyers, and memos records the events of the strike and its aftermath through the summer and fall of 1970.
Materials in this expanding collection pertain to the experience of African American students and faculty at Northwestern University. The documents included in this collection are university reports about African American students, articles on race and higher education, reproductions of student newspapers discussing race relations on-campus and materials concerning the 1968 Bursar’s Office Takeover. This collection also includes biographical subject files.
The materials in the Iva Grace Howard Glazebrook scrapbook date between 1917 and 1920 and document her social life at Northwestern University. Images in the scrapbook include postcards, candid photographs, and figures cut out from photographic prints. They focus mostly on Howard's social environment as well as the scenery on campus.
Over 150 photographic prints (mostly 4x6 cabinet size, mounted on cardstock) taken by noted Evanston, Illinois, photographer Alexander Hesler, dating circa 1870-1887 and depicting Northwestern University faculty, students, and buildings. The collection includes 2 copies of the published volume Photographic Views of Picturesque Evanston (1887).
The Kenneth and Catherine Stilwell Papers include material dating from the period 1935-1950, reflecting their time as students at Northwestern.
- College students 2
- Evanston (Ill.) 2
- African American college students 1
- African American college teachers 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- College students--Attitudes 1
- College students--Political activity 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Race relations 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social life and customs 1
- Northwestern Anti-Vietnam War Strike, Evanston, Ill., 1970 1
- Photographs 1
- Race relations 1
- Student strikes 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 1
- Women college students 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 3
- Glazebrook, Iva Grace, 1899-1988 1
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1