Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The Rufus C. and Helen Palmer Dawes Collection documents both family life and civic activities of Rufus and Helen between 1870 and 1941. They moved to Evanston from Ohio in 1898 and remained active in community, business and social affairs until their deaths. Highlights include Rufus’s work for his brother Charles G. Dawes in assisting with the Reparation Commission’s plan for German economic recovery and payment to the Allies after World War I; and serving as president of the 1933-1934 Century...
Dates: 1870 - 1941; Other: Majority of material found within 1887-1939
Abstract The Andrew Shuman Collection consists of material from a family scrapbook. It contains some documents and memorabilia, but the major portion of the collection is correspondence to Andrew Shuman (1830 - 1890) or his son-in-law, Frank M. Elliot (1853 - 1919) who married Anna D. Shuman (1856 - 1936) in 1878.
Dates: c. 1850-1890
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social life and customs 1
- Journalists 1
- Century of Progress International Exposition (1933-1934 : Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Dawes, Helen Palmer, 1869-1941 1
- Dawes, Rufus C. (Rufus Cutler), 1867-1940 1
- Elliot, Frank M., 1853-1919 1
- Shuman, Andrew, 1830-1890 1